Flowers of the Bitterroot Mountains

Flowers of the Bitterroot Mountains

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Flora

 

Flowers, or more specifically, pictures of blooms are quite popular on SummitPost, and with good reason. Many of us, no matter what our outdoor destination, just can’t resist stopping along the way to look and sometimes photograph wildflowers. In contrast to the many things in life which we consider drab, colorful blooms easily catch our attention. Though the human eye responds to a more limited range of wavelengths than, say, that of the honey bee, flowers still catch our interest.

The Bitterroot in Bloom

Since most of my outings take place in the The Bitterroot Mountains, I’ve probably taken more pictures of the varieties which live here than those that live elsewhere. To be sure I haven’t posted every one I’ve taken (I don’t want to bore SPers to death) , nor do I consider my Bitterroot flower pictures the best or most artful I’ve taken of plant life. Still, I’ve posted enough of them for use on pages, that I’m having trouble keeping track of what’s posted and what isn’t. I’m hoping this page will help refresh my feeble memory from time to time as needed.


The picture of the Bitterroot in Bloom, from whence the Bitterroot Mountains derived their name, was not taken in the Bitterroot Mountains but in my backyard which just happens to be in the foothills of the Sapphire Mountains from where I have a wonderful view of the mountains I love, The Bitterroots.



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
tleaf

tleaf - Oct 23, 2008 10:56 am - Voted 10/10

Well Done!

This photo album is chuck full of beautiful flower shots! Thank you for putting this album together!
Cheers, Trina

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Just as an FYI...

...for those not in the know...the Bitterroot is Montana's state flower.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2