The Backcountry Access Tracker DTS can greatly reduce the amount of time spent pinpointing, probing, and digging during an avalanche rescue. Which means you should buy one for your backcountry partner so they can find you as easily as you can find them. Using state-of-the-art analog and digital technology combined with conventional transceiver design, the Tracker DTS (Digital Transceiving System) takes the guesswork out of locating avalanche victims. The Tracker’s unique dual antenna keeps the searcher directly on the path to the buried victim, which eliminates the stop-and-go process of traditional grid searches. The Tracker's "smart" DTS technology not only creates significantly faster rescues, but also makes it simple to operate. As long as the number in the distance indicator is decreasing, simply follow the directional lights to your target. The Tracker also has a unique feature which accounts for the possibility of a secondary slide while searchers are in receive mode.
- Digital distance and direction displays simplify searches for inexperienced beacon users
- Dual receiving antennas eliminate "grid" and "tangent" searching, resulting in significantly shorter search times for both novices and experts.
- Automatic sensitivity adjustment eliminates the need for manual volume controls.
- Multiple search filtering helps isolate signals in the event of multiple burials.
- Optional auto revert-to-transmit system can protect rescuers caught in secondary avalanches or who forget to switch back from search to transmit mode.
- Improved harness design provides comfort, speed, and protection to rescuers during search.
- Batteries: three AAA alkalines, not included
- Battery life: minimum 1 hour in search mode after 200 hours intransmit mode (approximately 250 hours in transmit only or 50 hours in search only)
- Limited 3 year warranty
- Made in U.S.A. at an ISO-9002-certified facility. Certified to be in compliance with all applicable North American and European norms.
Similar Products: Mammut Barryvox
- REI.com (2002): "The easiest-to-use avalanche beacon we sell."
, Ortovox M2