Waterfall Ice: Jeff Lowe's Climbing Techniques

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Waterfall Ice: Jeff Lowe's Climbing Techniques
Manufacturer Arctic Wolf
Page By Richard Purchon
Page Type Jun 3, 2002 / Jun 3, 2002
Object ID 334
Hits 5109
Vote
this 6 part structured video follows Jeff Lowe and top rock climber Bird Lew, as Jeff teaches the skills nessesary to progess form rock to ice. the climax of the film shows Bird's progress as she climbs one of North America's hardest mixed routes.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

GuitarWIzard - Jun 18, 2002 9:16 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
A very good instructional video.....goes from literally the basics of moving on ice, to climbing some fairly insane mixed routes. Bird doesn't climb the last few :), only Jeff. Jeff gives some insight on ice climbing gear, and what he's found to work given his experience. If anything else, it's entertaining to watch, and will make you start praying for winter to come quicker. I am looking forward to putting to use some techniques I learned off of it.



However, if you've never climbed before, I wouldn't buy this video and expect to know everything there is about climbing ice by the end of it. Taking lessons or getting lessons from an experienced friend is still the way it should be done, and incorporate some of the techniques learned on the video in the process.




Viewing: 1-1 of 1