It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:34 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

nevado de toluca,MEXICO

hey has anyone climbed nevado de toluca near toluca in mexico?because i was planning a trip there and didnt know what to take or what kind of aclimatization is needed.it is a 15,000 foot volcano that i really want to climb so if you can help please do :) :D
Read more : nevado de toluca,MEXICO | Views : 8013 | Replies : 7

What's New Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Thread for new pages for Mexico, Central America and Caribbean. Please post applicable new pages on this thread.
Read more : What's New Mexico, Central America and Caribbean | Views : 7505 | Replies : 5

Orizaba and other volcanoes.

Hey,

Myself and my partner for this trip have tickets arriving in Mexico City on the 19th of December and leaving the 11th of January. We are planning to do all of the open volcanoes and some ruins and jungle exploration. We're looking for potential others to join for all or part of the expedition. We're looking for hardcore people who don't mind doing non-standard routes, traveling through non-tourist areas, or stealth camping in the ...
Read more : Orizaba and other volcanoes. | Views : 6344 | Replies : 0

Orizaba (confused about pricing)

Hi.
I will be in Mexico in March to climb Orizaba. As I will travel alone I will need a guide and/or joining an existing climbing party there. I have a question regarding the price for a guide. I decided to book a package with Conchola in Tlachichuca and the quoted price was $585 which is supposed to include lodging (2 nights) some meals, transport to base camp, gear rental and a guide.To me it ...
Read more : Orizaba (confused about pricing) | Views : 11898 | Replies : 6

orizaba dec 2011

Hey I'm heading up Orizaba in late December with the goal of making the summit on Christmas day. I am wondering what the cheapest/best way to get to the Piedra Grande hut from Tlachichuca would be. I've know walking from Tlachichuca is supposed to be great but unfortunately I don't have the time on this trip. I would book a ride with Reyes or another company but it seems kinda pricey, I'm wondering if i ...
Read more : orizaba dec 2011 | Views : 7010 | Replies : 5

Summit of Orizaba - December 1979

I was looking at some of my old stuff and found this. I was 24 years old!
Read more : Summit of Orizaba - December 1979 | Views : 7004 | Replies : 2

Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl 2011 - 2012 Season

Hey folks, I’m looking to tag along on an Orizaba/Iztaccihuatl trip in late December or early 2012. I’m a 55 year old San Diego professional in excellent shape (marathoner). I have actually climbed Orizaba and Popocatepetl twice previously in the 80’s and do the sierras annually. I am fully equipped, comfortable in Mexico and speak pretty decent Spanish.

Anyone need an extra?

Let me know!

Blair
Read more : Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl 2011 - 2012 Season | Views : 14959 | Replies : 11

Orizaba Prices and Options

Anybody have experience with hiring a Mexican guide for Orizaba? How much did they charge and was the guide worth it?

I've searched but its pretty hard to come by prices, especially since I'm just floating possibilities for Jan. 2012, no solid plans yet.

My sense is Sr. Reyes and Sr. Cancholas are the most expensive but I wonder if other services are just as good, and a lot cheaper especially since most people go ...
Read more : Orizaba Prices and Options | Views : 10779 | Replies : 5

Bouldering in the British Virgin Islands (BVI)

Bouldering in the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
http://www.summitpost.org/british-virgin-islands/435687

There has been a lot of interest in bouldering in the British Virgin Islands since I went climbing there in 1988. Just last week a large group spent 20 days climbing there and established 450 problems. A new bouldering guide will be going to publishers this summer.

Here is their blog:
http://jonglassberg.lt11.com/2011/06/16/british-virgin-islands-%E2%80%A2-virgin-gorda/

I anticipate that I will be turning over the BVI page to a younger ...
Read more : Bouldering in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) | Views : 6547 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420