Sexy Grandma

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.9 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is a fun bolted route at the 5.9 grade. It is fairly well bolted for Joshua Tree standards althought the top is a little runout but on easy ground.

Getting There

This route lies on the west facing side of the "Old Woman" formation, inbetween Double Cross and Dandelion. Just park in the day use area at Intersection Rock/Hidden Valley Camp Ground.

Route Description

Start up the chimney crack system to the left of the route. Clip the first bolt on the face and move right onto the face. From here just follow the chalked holds over the break in the roof and up the arete. There are 2 fixed pins on this route and both look in good condition. Pins located at the #2 clip and the #4 clip. I usually use the runner on the first pin to avoid rope drag when going over the roof. There's a 2 bolt rap station at the top of this climb, a 60meter rope gets you to the ground with plenty of rope to spare. I would guess that a 50meter would work also but not positve on that one.

Essential Gear

5 Quickdraws
OR
4 draws & 1 Shoulder lenghth runner (use the runner just before the roof)

External Links

Add External Links text here.