Headstone Rock

Headstone Rock

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.6-5.9
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Parking for Headstone Rock is located at Ryan Campground within the Sheep Pass area of the park. To reach the base of the Headstone head east out of Ryan Campground and scramble to the base of the prominent rock .

Route Description


All three climbs (SW Corner, South Face Center and Cryptic) are J Tree face climbs.

The SW Corner (5.6) is along the left side of Headstone Rock and is protected via three bolts. The first bolt is far enough up that if one fell before reaching it you would fall below the belay. This is in part what gives the route it's enjoyable nature.

The South Face Center (5.9) route is just to the left of Cryptic and is protected via a toprope.

Cryptic (5.8) is the three bolt line along the right side of Headstone Rock.


Essential Gear


Quick draws and toprope setup.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.