Soglio dell'Incudine

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.79416°N / 11.17584°E
Additional Information Elevation: 6936 ft / 2114 m
Sign the Climber's Log

overview

The Soglio dell'Incudine 2114m. lies on the opposite side of Cima Palon 2232m and the Refuge Papa in the group of Pasubio.
It is an area rich in testimonies of first world war period when the first line run here during the Italian Strafexpedition.
The mountain stands out imposing and isolated: a monolithic tower watching the doors of Pasubio.

Soglio dell Incudine
 

Access

Brenner A22 motorway, exit Rovereto south, then cross the town, follow signs for Vallarsa and Passo Pian delle Fugazze, here you can park your car.
To reach its top and enjoy the view of the entire group of Pasubio and Piccole Dolomiti group you must go along the famous road of the heroes until the Galleria d'Havet.
This road starts from the Pian Fugazze 1162mt., border between the provinces of Vicenza and Trento, and goes on to Refuge Papa and Cima Palon.
It was built by Fortifications Office of Military Genius of Bolzano, inaugurated on 26 June 1938., is 10 kilometers long and is very spectacular because of precipices on Val Canale.
The Soglio dell'Incudine dominates this road with its 2112 m.

From VALLARSA ( Trentino Alto Adige)
Rovereto (201m.)- SS 46 del Pasubio - Vallarsa - Anghébeni - Foxi - Raossi - Pian delle Fugazze ( 1162m.)
From VALLE DEL LEOGRA ( Veneto ) SS 46 MALO - SCHIO - S Antonio ( 567m.) - Balasso Refuge - Pian delle Fugazze (1162m.)

Strada degli eroi
La Strada deli Eroi

Routes

Soglio dell'Incudine
Soglio dell'Incudine

Soglio dell'Incudine
Soglio dell'Incudine


Trail of the crest
 


Once arrived (on foot from the Pian Fugazze along the Strada degli Eroi) at the Galleria d'Havet you must follow the path 398, left of the tunnel heading north.
The path goes on through mugho pines and shrubs between the Valle delle Prigioni and Val Canale.
This path leads you to the steep western slopes of the Soglio dell'Incudine and to its top.
If you like it you can continue heading north route 105 reaching the summit of Palon 2232m.

Ferrata Baglioni

Difficulty: EEA - Technically, the path is equipped easy, but the harsh environment advise caution.

Interesting round trip:
From Pian delle Fugazze Strada degli Eroi - Val di Fieno - Sentiero Baglioni 141 - Selletta del Cosmagnon - Cima Palon - Soglio dell'Incudine - Galleria d'Havet - Pian delle Fugazze.
Starting point is the Pian delle Fugazze and along the path 399 up to the Malga di Fieno.
Cross the Valle delle Prigioni (Jail valley) using a military road digged into the huge walls of the Soglio dell’Incudine, in a subsequence od steep channels, and ledges, all perfectly equipped, (really special the crossing of a channel equipped with a long sequence of rungs), then, along the path 135 up to the Sella Cosmagnon 1934m
Follow bordering the SW side up to the Cima Palon 2232m.
Once here you have to go along the path 398 leading to the Soglio dell'Incudine and back to the Galleria d'Havet and to the Pian delle Fugazze.

Rock climbing routes

LA VIA DEL TENNICO AL SOGLIO DELL'INCUDINE


maps and books

"itinerari sul Pasubio e nelle Valli del leno " Manfrini Edizioni 2005
Sezioni vicentine del C.A.I. " Sentieri Pasubio Carega" 1:25.000

VALLARSA

Val di Prigioni
Val di Prigioni

Monte Cornetto
Monte Cornetto

Soglio dell'Incudine
Soglio dell'Incudine


Weather forecast

For weather and avalanche conditions in Trentino look at this pages:
wetterzentrale
Meteotrentino
Meteo Alpin
Società Meteorologica Italiana
Il meteo .it
eurometeo
Provincia di Bolzano



Strada degli eroi
Strada degli eroi


©2008 Tiziana Ciaghi



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pasubio GROUPMountains & Rocks