Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 37.82565°N / 107.76987°W
Additional Information County: San Juan
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 13156 ft / 4010 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

V5 is southeast of South Lookout Peak. The North face is a maze of cliffs and rotten rock. The east face holds several primo couloirs while the south is the most approachable.

Getting There

The easiest way to get to the top is to take the four wheel drive road up to Clear Lake. This is off of South Mineral Creek road which is a mile north of Silverton. Once you get above tree line and enter the basin look out for a out mining road on your right with a old rusty gate at its entrance. (The road isn't that bad but requires 4wd or high clearance for a few spots. You can get pretty high before it gets bad) Park, hike the mining road until you get high enough to start climbing the south ridge which will take you to the summit ridge. Go towards the summit, at a obvious notch scramble on the west side of a steep block. Take a right up a steep loose gully then get to the top.

Another way to access this route would to go up Ophir pass and hike into Paradise Basin then climb over the ridge the connects V5 and South Lookout Peak into Clear Lake basin.

The east face provides plenty of nice looking couloirs that are great for skiing. Access these off of Ophir pass, and hike up between Battleship and V5.

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

Camping

External Links

Add External Links text here.