Child's Play

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.06000°N / 71.17°W
Additional Information Route Type: one pitch rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.6
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


park several hundred yards past the turn in the approach road, just before the gate. Walk right up through the woods to the clean slab known as the North End. Child's Play is the most obvious crack system going up a little right of the middle of the slab.

Route Description


The crux is right off the ground up to an uncomfotable alcove (5.6). From the alcove continue up over blocks to a large ledge at mid height. Up a crack again, past one rather awkward section (5.6) which is sort of off-width (i got my knee stuck there once) and up to a tree anchor. About 70 feet. Rappelling is by far the easiest method of descent (rap rings usually available)

Essential Gear


normal rack, bring a couple of large Friends.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.