Maja Gruk e Hapt

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.40831°N / 19.90474°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Additional Information Elevation: 8612 ft / 2625 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Maja Gruk e HaptThe part of Majet e Zabores group and Maja Gruk e Hapt (2625 m) in the middle
Entering in Valbona Valley you can admire the view to the highest peaks of the massif of PROKLETIJE range. On the left side of Valbona Valley you'll notice impressive 13 km long wall structured from about 10 peaks which all are higher than 2400 m. That group of peaks is called Majet e Zabores (Zabores e Krasnices)(Krasnicka Planina). The highest peak of that group is Maja Gruk e Hapt (2625 m), which with its amazing high north wall create amazing outlook and represent extraordinary mountain scenery. Maja Gruk e Hapt is closer neighbour of Maja Briaset (2567 m), which with its about 900 m high and 900 m wide impressive and undiscovered rhomboidal north wall dominate above Valbona Valley and together with Maja Gruk e Hapt (2625 m) create the highest and most impressive part of Majet e Zabores massif. Maja Gruk e Hapt represent the most beautiful and most magnificent express of wild beauty of PROKLETIJE range, which the highest and most impressive part is located in Albania, known also as Albanian Alps. Maja Gruk e Hapt belong to the group of peaks which are still not discovered and marked. Because of that, Maja Gruk e Hapt and surrounding wild and impressive peaks of Prokletije range represent a wish of many climbers, mountaineers, nature lovers and photographers.

Getting There

Maja Gruk e Hapt and its surroundingsMaja Gruk e Hapt (2625 m) and its surroundings
1. S-SW approach (by car): -Tirana (Albania capital-Mother Teresa International Airport)-Shkoder: 116 km, asphalt road. -Skhoder-Koplik:18 km -Koplik accross the Qafa Thores pass (important connection between major glacial valleys, then to the east in direction of Valbona Valley 2. Qafa Shilahut pass (Shkoder-Prizren road), then turn left for Fjerze, over the bridge accross the Drin river to Bajram Curri and further till Valbone at the end of the Valbone valley. Qafa Shilahut-Valbone: 80 km of macadam road.

Camping

Maja Gruk e HaptImpressive massif of Maja Gruk e Hapt (2625 m) (left)
When you approaching Maja Gruk e Hapt (2625 m) which is placed in PROKLETIJE (North Albanian Alps), you can freely use your tent in Valbona Valley and also somewhere inside the massif of Albanian Prokletije, at the foot of Maja Gruk e Hapt.

Mountain Conditions

The best local weather forecast (4 times daily) for Prokletije (Plav town) on VREME YUBC NET

Red Tape

No extra fees if you approaching Maja Gruk e Hapt and Valbona Valley from Albania, but if you approacing Maja Gruk e Hapt and Valbona Valley from Montenegro you should have a entry permit which you can get in Montenegrin border police station in Plav or Gusinje towns.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ProkletijeMountains & Rocks