Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.21607°N / 114.62837°W
Additional Information County: Clark
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Additional Information Elevation: 3324 ft / 1013 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Pyramid Peaks
Northshore Peak strikes the eye as one drives along Northshore Rd. in Lake Mead NRA. It is just off Northshore Rd. near Northshore Summit. This rarely visited peak offers great 360 degree views of the Lake Mead surrounding area. In the distance one can see Virgin Peak to the East, the Spring Mountains and the Sheep Range to the west, and Lake Mead and all it's surroundings just to the south.

Northshore Peak is best climbed from October-May. The summer months are extremely hot at the lower elevations. If you do this in the summer do it early in the day and have lots of water.

Northshore Peak

Getting There

Mt. Charleston and Mummy
Northshore Peak

Driving around Las Vegas drive to exit 45B on I-15 and go east. Drive East about 4 miles to the intersection of Lake Mead Blvd and Nellis Blvd. Set your odometer to 0.

Continue East on Lake Mead Blvd. Follow the main road all the way around the curves once over the mountain pass. At 10.6 miles you will reach the fee booth. Once past the fee booth you'll drive another 2.1 miles (12.7 total) to a T-Intersection. Turn Left. Drive another 17.3 miles (30 miles total) and you will see the parking area on your left. Park here.


Red Tape

Daily passes are $5 (good for 1-5 days; per vehicle).

Yearly ones for $20 which are good through December 31st in the calendar year purchased. (per vehicle)

Individual 1-5 days $3.00 per person (motorcycle, bicycles, hikers)

Individual Calender Year $20.00 per annual pass (motorcycle, bicycles etc.)

For More Information Call (702) 293-8907. Fees & Reservations

The Hike

From the parking lot cross the highway and aim for the the East ridge. Then follow the ridge all the way to the summit. The attached photo outlines the route.

East Ridge to summit

External Links

  • Lake Mead NRA
  • Lake Mead National Recreation Area
  • Jim Boone's page on Northshore Peak

  • Children

    Children

    Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.