Punta de las Olas

Punta de las Olas

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.66210°N / 0.05370°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 9849 ft / 3002 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Pta Olas, Soum de Ramond, Mt PerdidoPta. Olas to Perdido

The last eastern peak of the great limestone massif of Monte Perdido is a popular mountain with an easy route from Góriz or Añisclo. After the climb of Monte Perdido is the second most frequented climb of the area of Góriz, because the normal routes of Cilindro and Añisclo are most difficult. It's a good option for mountaineers as complementary of the climb of Añisclo (one of the important summits of Ordesa) or peaks of Baudrimont (higher) and even as main objective since is a matter of one of the mountains of more than 3000 meters of the Pyrenees. As curiosity, this peak is situated in the position 208 of the list of 212 three-thousands, drawn in height with the Punta Passet and the Pico Simó, and still against what could seem there’s 2 peaks of lower height, Frondella Occidental (3.001m) and Petit Pic de Portillon (3.000m). The landscape over the valleys of Pineta, Añisclo and Ordesa is very spectacullar.

Routes: Ordesa-Góriz and Pineta-Col de Añisclo.
Generally the most frequented route is from refuge of Góriz but the option from Pineta across col of Añisclo is an interesting route as well. Because the important slope generally the climb is realizated in 2 days with scale in Góriz or Col de Añisclo.
The stage Góriz-Pineta of route GR-11 goes across the col de Añisclo under this mountain and is a frequented route but generally the trekkers don't climb the summit

Getting There

The approach to Ordesa's valley is perfectly described in Monte perdido, and I will not comment on it not to repeat it again

Red Tape

No need for permits or summit fees.
From 1th July to 12th October, and Holy Week, the access to Pradera de Ordesa is forbidden to cars and the ascent is in bus (2,20€ and 3,10€ with return). Horary: 6 to 19h (july-august), 7 to 18h (rest). Last return: 21h (july-august), 20:30h (rest).

Ordesa’s Park Rules:

-Sports aside hiking, climbing, ski-mountaineering and speleology are forbidden.
-sale of commercial products is not allowed
-It's forbidden to swim in the rivers, streams and lakes
-It’s forbidden to walk out of path.
-see camping section below to complementary info about it.


When To Climb

Summer is the best season (july to september).

Camping

-Camping is allowed in area of refuge of Góriz and area of Fuen Blanca. The tent must be removed in the morning.

Refuges:
-Refuge of Góriz (2195m): a lot of people in summer, reservation obligated 1 or 2 months before the climb.
-Refuge Ronatiza (1250m): in valley of Pineta.

Mountain Conditions

I.N.M., see in section "localidades" the province of "Huesca" and the village of "Torla" for weather conditions.

External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.