Alpine Ascents International

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Alpine Ascents International
Page By IagosGhost
Page Type Aug 14, 2007 / Aug 14, 2007
Object ID 3716
Hits 12163
Vote

Company Description

Based out of Seattle, Washington Alpine Ascents International was founded in 1986 by Todd Burleson. He along with several climbing legends have grown the company into a world-class guiding and instructional service.

Features

Alpine Ascents offers an extensive variety of climbing expeditions and instructional courses as well as international treks and tours.

Contact Information

ALPINE ASCENTS INTERNATIONAL
121 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109
phone: (206) 378-1927, fax: (206) 378-1937
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm PST.

Questions? Comments? Climb@AlpineAscents.com

Website: www.alpineascents.com

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-4 of 4

IagosGhost - Aug 14, 2007 11:40 am - Hasn't voted

Great Company to Work With
I recently took AAI's 13-day Cascades Mountaineering Course. I was really impressed with the professional and courteous treatment I received from everyone I had contact with. When I had questions I received near-instant replies to my emails. Their gear room guys even helped me retrieve a personal item I had inadvertently left in the pack I rented from them at the last minute before I flew home.

My guide Dennis Campbell was a great teacher--ever-patient, extremely intelligent and articulate, and very personalable. He was easy to get along with and often helped us overcome areas we found personally challenging.

I would recommend Alpine Ascents to anyone interested in taking a course from them.

KathyW - Sep 2, 2007 1:44 am - Voted 5/5

3-day Rainier Climb
I had a great time on a 3-day guided Rainier Climb via DC with Alpine Ascents - great guides with tons of experience and they even made us great pancakes for breakfast and burritos for dinner. The guide ratio was 2 clients per guide, so it was 8 clients and 4 guides - a really nice size group and guide to client ratio.

scooter12ga - May 5, 2008 1:12 pm - Voted 4/5

Overall a great company
Great company and good guides. My only feedback is that the office work and documentation is sometimes inconsistent. Don't hesitate to ask lots of questions before your climb, you might find out that you have the wrong version of a gear list or itinerary.

Titanium - Jul 21, 2009 4:58 pm - Voted 5/5

Highly Recommended
Just completed a four day climb of Mt. Rainier via the Emmons route with Alpine Ascents. Senior guide Eric Murphy is an excellent leader, and Don Carpenter, Seth Timpano and Phil Marino joined him in making this a safe and successful venture. I will definitely climb with Alpine Ascents again, and highly recommend the outfit.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4