Timberline Mountain Guides

 

Timberline Mountain Guides
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Timberline Mountain Guides
Page By Rob Ricks
Page Type May 17, 2008 / May 28, 2008
Object ID 5329
Hits 7071
Vote

Information


 

Every undertaking in life involves some sort of risks and rewards. Timberline Mountain Guides feel that rock climbing and mountaineering are difficult and have an element of risk present. They seek to mitigate these risks by taking a slow, measured approach with personalized instruction. TMG hopes that you recognize these risks and choose to climb with them and let them manage these risks so that you can reap the rewards of climbing.

TMG encourages you to come out and explore Oregon’s mountains and crags. Here you’ll find a wealth of diversity in climbing challenges that has a distinct Northwest flavor. From steep rock climbs, to glaciated peaks, Oregon has it all.

Some of the guided objectives include:

Mt. Hood
Mt. Jefferson
North Sister
Middle Sister
South Sister
Mt. Washington
Broken Top
Three Fingered Jack
Oregon's Classic
Difficult Routes
North Cascades


Courses and Programs

Timberline Mountain Guides Courses and Programs:

Alpine Skills Courses
Following a progression from basic snow climbing through steep technical ice and rescue techniques, these courses are designed to make you a safer and more proficient climber whether you have been climbing for years or are just starting out. Custom courses can also be tailored to your individual needs.

Smith Rock Climbing School in Oregon and Red Rocks Programs in Nevada are very popular programs with many courses available.

Contact Information

Timberline Mountain Guides, Inc.
P.O. Box 1167
Bend, OR 97709
Phone: (541) 312-9242
Fax: (541) 312-9225
info@timberlinemtguides.com

website:
http://www.timberlinemtguides.com/

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

Rob Ricks - May 18, 2008 10:17 am - Voted 5/5

Excellent Program
I've taken both the Basic Climbing Course and Crevasse Rescue with this company. Both courses offered excellent instruction with insights you can't get from any text or website. They have a low turnover rate of guides indicated by the fact that the guides who taught me are still there today. Their Southside Summit program is an excellent introduction to basic alpinism. Timberline Mountain Guides started me on my path of alpine climbing and I'm returning for a Northside effort with them in the Summer. They have so much to offer with their variety of programs that I see myself being a client of theirs long into the future. Cheers!

Rob Ricks - Jul 7, 2008 2:54 pm - Voted 5/5

Re: Excellent Program
The Northside mountaineering program was excellent as an introduction to technical ridge climbing. The guides are held to high standards and made the outting worth the trip. Well done!

NCclimber - Apr 5, 2009 3:21 pm - Voted 5/5

Awesome experience
These guys know what they're doing. I did the 2 day climb package for Mt Hood, with the first day doing some glacier training. They really worked with us to make sure we got the techniques down for the next day's climb. I felt totally comfortable with them throughout the climb. I look forward to using them to hit some more PacNW climbs in the future.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3