Summit Expeditions Int..

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Summit Expeditions Int..
Manufacturer International Guide Service
Page By snowhiker
Page Type Feb 27, 2007 / Jun 10, 2008
Object ID 2726
Hits 4901
Vote
SEI-PPAS.com Mountaineering Guide Service. Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Instructional Courses, Ski Tours and International Expeditions. AMGA Certified Guide.

Features

Pikes Peak Alpine School Call toll free 1-800-358-6867
Fax 719-473-3284 Intown 719-630-3934 Pikes Peak Alpine School Call toll free 1-800-358-6867
Whether you'r new to the sport or an experienced climber. There is something for you from top rope anchoring course,Rock climbing,Rock Rescue or you want to learn climbing.
There are winter and mountaineering courses too.
Mountaineering Basics
This short but complete 5 day course/climb introduces all the fundamentals of mountaineering. Skills covered are rock climbing,rock anchors,belaying,short roping,crevasse rescue,glacier travel/rigging,self-arresting, and trip planning.

Immersion in Mountaineering
This 6 day course is designed for those with limited rope climbing experience. We cover all skills from rock climbing to alpine climbing and all skills in between including but not limited to climbing on snow and ice,rock climbing,ice axe and crampon use,crevasse rescue,glaser rigging and travel,route planing,and navigation and GPS use as well as map and compass, We finish with a great climb on one of the many glaciated peaks in North Cascades National Park in Washington State.

Advanced immersion in Mountaineering
This 10-day course is the same as the 7-day program but takes place in Alaska's Ruth Gorge or Little Switzerland. We utilize a bush plane to fly into our base camp and set up for many great days of learing and climbing.

Ski Mountaineering
Multi-day tours and traverses in either the spectacular coastal mountains of B.C. ( The Spearhead Traverse ) or the Foribden Traverse in the Cascades, Washington. These exciting ski tours are offered to skiers who are comoftable on blue runs utilizing either strong telemark skills or Randone skiing abilities.


Ice climbing Courses/climbs,Avalanche Traning and International Expeditions and Private Guiding. 1-800-358-6876









www.guidingabroad.blogspot.com/

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

snowhiker - Mar 3, 2007 11:44 pm - Voted 5/5

Summit Expeditions
I am an experienced climber, I wanted to increase my level and areas of climbing ability. I have climbed with Jamie a couple of times, he explains rope techniques and different areas of climbing so that it's easily understood. Looking forward to our March climb of the Y couloir on the North face of Pikes Peak.

I would reccommend Summit Expeditions to beginning and experienced climbers of all levels.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1