Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.44164°N / 10.00580°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10384 ft / 3165 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Piz Albris 3165m is a mountain in the eastern part of Switzerland, in the canton Grisons (Graubünden). Located in the Rhaetian Alps and the Livigno Alps. That mountain is in the Bernina valley (Val Bernina) and the valley da Fain (Val da Fain). Piz Albris is close by the Bernina mountain pass 2328m and the nearest village is Pontresina and the famous St.Moritz. Around the mountain has some beautiful lakes: Lej d’Albris, Lej Languard, Lej da Pischa and Lej da Prüna (Lej means lake).

Piz Albris 3165mPiz Albris 3165m

Route & Difficulty

Summer route:

Start at the Bernina pass road, in Bernina Diavolezza 2093m. On goes into the Val da Fain (valley da Fain) and next to the "Fuorcla Pischa 2837m". By the Fuorcla Pischa you go without away, arduous over many stones and blocks, over the south flank, to the summit of Piz Albris 3165m.

Difficulty: L or T5


Winter/Spring route with ski:


Start at the Bernina pass road, in Bernina Diavolezza 2093m. On goes into the Val da Fain (valley da Fain) and next to the "Fuorcla Pischa 2837m". By the Fuorcla Pischa you go over the south flank, to the summit of Piz Albris 3165m.

Getting There

By public transport:

SBB & RHB-railway from Chur to St.Moritz and to the railway station Bernina Diavolezza.

Online train&bus schedule (public transport Switzerland): SBB schedule


By car:

Above the Julierpass 2284m (Pass dal Güglia) or the Berninapass 2307m (Passo del Bernina) until Bernina Diavolezza.


Online Route scheduler: route scheduler in english and TCS.ch


Accommodations

The best, you can stay on the Bernina pass: In the Bernina pass Hospice

Link: www.bernina-hospiz.ch/

Weather, climate and snow conditions in Switzerland

Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology

Weather SFDRS

Meteo News.ch

Swiss Federal Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research Davos: www.slf.ch

Links

Switzerland tourism: www.myswitzerland.com

Gisons tourism: www.graubünden.ch

Good and favorable accommodations: www.rooms.ch

In Memory of Cyrill Rüegger

A note from the SP staff
Cyrill Rüegger, the member we all used to know as Cyrill and Digitalis, died on June 13th 2009 in an avalanche on the summit ridge of Piz Palü together with his wife Tanja and a common friend. They were swept down by the avalanche into a couloir underneath the east summit and died instantly. Their bodies were retrieved from the Palü Glacier by helicopter a day after the accident.

Cyrill joined SP in March 2006 and soon was one of the most prolific contributors on the site with almost 70 mountain and 5 range pages to his profile. He was an accomplished climber, bagging almost 1000 summits in not quite seven years. Among them are 35 4000ers and 272 3000ers, almost all of them in his home country Switzerland.

While contributing a lot on SP, Cyrill's real internet home was www.hikr.org where he contributed 585 mountain profiles and reports in his native language German. Cyrill also posted on www.bergsteigen.at and other climbing sites, often under his real name but also under the pseudonym Digitalis. He was a botanist by profession and also contributed his knowledge about medical plants to different websites. Cyrill will be greatly missed by all.

This page will be kept in honour of Cyrill, one of SP's most prolific members and most active mountaineers.

Rest in peace, brother!

The picture above was taken on the summit of Matterhorn on July 28th 2007.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Livigno AlpsMountains & Rocks