Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.95879°N / 9.90349°E
Additional Information County: Lombardia
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5853 ft / 1784 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Cima Bani is not an high mountain. It’s only m. 1784, but reaching his summit is a good opportunity because, from the summit, you’ve a great 360° panorama around the orobian alps, from Presolana to Alpe Arera group.
There’re not CAI paths for this area, so it’s not a frequented area.

Getting There

From Bani
Bani
Motorway A4 Torino Venezia, until Bergamo gate. Then follow for Val Seriana, Valbondione, Ardesio. After Ardesio, on a road bridge on Serio river, you can take the direction Valcanale. Follow this road until after a few kms, the new deviations on your right, for Bani, when you stop your car.

Route

On the path
The way start in the little town of Bani, near the San Giovanni’s little church.
From here, take the path who leave the town and follow the yellow signals.
At first the path is in a beech and fir- tree wood, until you reach, at m. 1500 the Capanna Amici, where you can find good mountain water.
Now the lanscape changes in an open area with beautiful view around Monte Secco area, Presolana group and Seriana valley.
Follow the path until a great cross on the saddle.
From here to the summit the path pass across a beautiful wood of pinus mugo (pinus mughus), with his good fragrance and beautiful colors. Here you can take attention to follow the tracks in the wood, because is easy loose the right way.
At the end, the rounded summit of Cima Bani is on your feet.
Reach the summit and a beautiful view around orobian alps is here.
At south the Seriana valley and the Presolana range, at west Monte Secco, Cima del Fop until Alpe Arera
At north a beautiful aerial view on Val Sanguigno and his mountains, the Monte Cabianca at east the Bondione valley until
From Cima Bani if you want, the path pursue on the ridge, passing for Mount Zanetti m. 1733 until Mount Zulino, m. 1751 or take the path who descend until the Giampace hut, in Val Sanguigno.

Maps

The ridge way
Cima Bani
Kompass 1:50.000 n. 104 "Foppolo, Valle Seriana"
Alta Val seriana - Val di Scalve editore Canova, Clusone 1:40.000
Sentieri e rifugi - Comunità Montana Valle Seriana Superiore