Claim Jumper Wall

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.31040°N / 116.8798°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport and Trad Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.7-5.11A
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the driving directions to the Holcomb Valley Pinnacles. Claim Jumper wall is the tall west face below the prominent Doc Holiday wall immediately west of Coyote Crag. I went through and listed these routes because it can be difficult to find Brad Singer's climbing guide, Hidden Treasures Rock Climbing in the San Bernardino Mountains . The guide book is excellent, and if you can find it, I recommend getting it for this area.

Route Description


On the wall there are 12 bolted and easily followable sport climbs. There is one very popular crack that requires trad gear. I have only climbed three of the routes on this face, but based upon their excellent quality, I would imagine the others are very nice as well.

Claim Jumper 5.10B This is a nine bolt route up the right center of the wall. It is the first climb to the left of the prominent crack without bolts in the center of the wall. This is one of best routes I have found in the San Bernardinos, it is long and the rock quality is excellent. The crux is a small featured face that you have to stretch up and over to continue up.

Green Goblin 5.7 This is a popular trad route up the prominent crack to the right of claim jumper.

Bum Steer 5.10A This climb is a very nice climb, second on the wall only to claim jumper in my opinion. It has 7 bolts and is the first climb to the left of claim jumper.

Essential Gear


All of the 12 bolted climbs can be climbed as sport routes. Make sure you have at least 10 quick draws as a few of these climbs are quite long. Some long slings or ample webbing is needed to extend your anchor on some of the chains to avoid rope drag. On the popular trad route up the large crack in the center of the face, pro to 3" is sufficient, with chains from a neighboring sport climb available at the top.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.