Coyotes At Sunset

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.31040°N / 116.8798°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From the southern parking area (at roads end for dirt road 3N07), hike through moderate forest to the north for 10 minutes by following a faint climbers trail. The trail passes a large formation (Lost Orbit) along the way. Once past this formation, the trees begin to thin out and one will see a large crag next to a slend mini spire, to the north. This is Coyote Crag. Hike to the base of the east face of this formation and locate 70' bolted line (7 bolts) on the northern (right) most part of the face, just before a right facing corner. This is 'Coyotes At Sunset'.

Route Description

Start in a flat spot nestled within the boulders, near the base of a contrived left facing cleft. The first bolt is 25' feet up (easy 5th class moves). Once at the first bolt, climb up nice steep edges and clip 3 more bolts. The crux is moving up to the 5th bolt. Once past the 5th bolt, the climbing is about 5.6/5.7. Clip the remaining 2 bolts along the way. The route finishes at a 2-bolt belay with cold shuts. Highly recommeded route!

NOTE: the route author lead this route in a full downpour, making it nice and spicy!

Essential Gear

- (7) quickdraws
- 60 meter rope

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.