Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.75868°N / 9.96185°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10121 ft / 3085 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Flüela-Wisshorn 3085m is a mountain in the east of the Flüela alpine pass 2383m (Flüelapass). The mountain is near the villages of Davos and Susch and is located in the Rhaetian Alps and the Albula Group. The Flüela-Wisshorn 3085m is in winter and summer often mounted, it is a classic ski tour. In the north is the small glacier "Jörigletscher", he melts fast as many other glaciers in the Alps too. At the foot of the glacier, on finds the beautiful mountain lakes Jöriseen, a wild romantic area.

Summit of Flüela Wisshorn 3085mLonely planet: Flüela Wisshorn 3085m

Route & Difficulty:

Summer route:
One can start on the "Flüela pass Hospice 2383m" - on a mountain path to "Wägerhus 2207m" and to the "Winterlücke 2787m" - without away to the jöri-glacier (Jörigletscher) to the beginning of the northeast ridge - over this ridge (easy climbing UIAA I-II) to the summit of Flüela-Wisshorn 3085m.

Difficulty: WS- (PD-) or T5

Winter/spring route with ski:
In winter the pass is closed. one can start by the guest-house Tschuggen and goes to the "Winterlücke 2787m" and to the jöri-glacier (Jörigletscher). Ski depot at the beginning of the northeast ridge and on foot over this ridge (easy climbing UIAA I-II) to the summit of Flüela-Wisshorn 3085m.

Difficulty: ZS- (AD-) ¦ Route: 548a ¦ 1120 metres in altitude

____
Online maps for Switzerland:

www.mapplus.ch

Map Search - Online Maps



Getting There

By public transport:

With the SBB and RHB-Train from Chur to the village Davos. From Davos to the Flüela pass Hospice you have to take a taxi.

Online train schedule (public transport Switzerland): SBB schedule

(Switzerland has one of the world's best public transport systems)

By car:

In Summer and autumn time, you can drive on the top of Flüela pass 2383m. In the winter this pass is close. (usually from November).
From the City Chur take the road to Davos and follow the signs to Flüela pass.

Online route scheduler: route scheduler in english and TCS.ch



Accommodation

Various hotels in Davos: www.davos.ch

Guest-house Tschuggen at Flüela pass: www.tschuggen.ch

Weather, climate and snow conditions in Switzerland

Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology

Meteo News.ch

Swiss Federal Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research Davos: www.slf.ch

Weather SFDRS


External Links

Switzerland Tourism: www.myswitzerland.com

Gisons Tourism: www.graubünden.ch

Davos tourism - Link: www.davos.ch

Good and favorable accommodations: www.rooms.ch


In Memory of Cyrill Rüegger

Matterhorn 4478mMatterhorn Summit. July 28,2007
Cyrill Rüegger, who went by the handles Cyrill and Digitalis on SP, died on June 13, 2009 in an avalanche on the summit ridge of Piz Palü together with his wife Tanja and a mutual friend. They were swept down by the avalanche into a couloir beneath the east summit and died instantly. Their bodies were retrieved from the Palü Glacier by helicopter a following day.

Cyrill joined SP in 2006 and was one of the most prolific contributors on the site by creating and maintaining 70 mountain and 5 range pages. However, Cyrill's real internet home was www.hikr.org where he contributed 585 mountain profiles and reports. Cyrill also posted on www.bergsteigen.at and other climbing sites, often under his real name but also under the pseudonym Digitalis. He was a botanist by profession and contributed his knowledge about medical plants to different websites. Cyrill will be greatly missed by all.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Silvretta GroupMountains & Rocks