Glen Callater Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 56.95624°N / 3.24276°W
Additional Information Route Type: Walk
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Fairly long walk
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description


From Auchallater follow the land rover track for 5km up into the glen until a junction just before Lochcallater Lodge. Bear left uphill along a pleasant path slanting rightwards across the slopes of Creag an Loch. If you wish to visit the summit of the Munro Carn an t-Sagairt Mor follow a line of fence posts to the top where the remains of a crashed aircraft lie. From the summit head south east to meet the path again. If you don't visit this top follow the path as it contours around the hillside. Continue up to the col between the Stuic (pronounced Stooee) and Carn a' Coire Bhaidheach. The latter top is a Munro for those interested. From here a pleasant walk along the plateau brings you to Cac Carn Beag, the true summit of Lochnagar. Return via the same route or alternatively head south over Fafernie to meet Jock's Road (not very distinct) which takes you back to Lochcallater Lodge along the shores of Loch Callater.

Essential Gear


Normal walking gear including:
>map (OS landranger sheet 44 or explorer 388)
>Compass
>Warm clothes
>Waterproofs

In winter and early spring ice axe and crampons are essential.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LochnagarRoutes