Petite Dent de Veisivi

Petite Dent de Veisivi

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.05751°N / 7.51808°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 10443 ft / 3183 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Petite Dent de Veisivi is located in the Val d'Hèrens at the northern end of the Grandes Dents Group (including all peaks from the Petite Dent de Veisivi in the N to the Dents de Bertol in the S). The rocky peak stands as a guard in the middle of the valley and offers splendid views on the surrounding mountains.

While the normal route on its own isn't really challenging, the traverse over the SE Ridge is a classic outing in the region and highly recommended. Nice moves on sound rock make the traverse a pleasant trip which can be done from the valley in a day. First ascent unknown.

Routes

  • SW Ridge - PD (2 hours)
  • SE Ridge - AD- (3 hours)
All routes are described well in Valais Alps West Selected Climbs by Lindsay Griffin.

Getting There

Starting point for climbing the Petite Dent de Veisivi will be most likely Arolla (or one of the other small villages in the Val d'Hérens valley). You can leave the car at Satarma, from where a track heads up in the direction of the Col de Tsarmine.

Camping

The nearest camp site is located in Arolla.
  • Camping-Arolla 0041 (0)27 283 22 95

When To Climb

The Petite Dent de Veisivi can be climbed as long as the rocks are free from snow cover (May to October).

Red Tape

No red tape is required to climb the Petite Dent de Veisivi. To all visitors, make sure it keeps that way. Off course it's recommended to be a member of an alpine club to be insured for rescue in case of an emergency.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.