OverviewSedlena Greda (2227 m) is one of the most impressive and most beautiful peaks of DURMITOR. Also, Sedlena Greda is for sure one of the most beautiful world's natural wonders. That's the reason while many people call that peak 'Saddle of Gods'.
With it's attractive form and outlook, Sedlena Greda dominate above grassy waves of Dobri Do valley. This peak belong to Southern Durmitor which is placed near Zabljak-Virak-Trsa, and starting after Stozina (1908 m) peak going deep through valleys Dobri Do and Todorov Do in Trsa direction.
That area is the home of Komarnica Canyon and it's wide known part called Nevidio Canyon, and also of many peaks as are Prutas (2393 m), Stit (2248 m), Uvita Greda (2199 m), Lojanik, Boljske Grede,...
Sedlena Greda is placed on SE from Sljeme (2455 m), Milosev Tok (2426 m), Stozina 1908 m and Valovito Jezero (1695 m), on N from entrance of Komarnica Canyon, Lojanik and Boljske Grede, on E from Prutas (2393 m), Stit (2248 m), Dobri Do and Todorov Do valleys, on SE from Uvita Greda (2199 m), on W from Ranisava peak, Moracke Planine (2226 m) and Sinjajevina (2277 m).
NW: Sljeme (2455 m), Milosev Tok (2426 m), Stozina 1908 m and Valovito Jezero (1695 m)
S: Komarnica Canyon, Lojanik and Boljske Grede,
W: Prutas (2393 m), Stit (2248 m), Dobri Do and Todorov Do
NW Uvita Greda (2199 m)
E Ranisava peak, Moracke Planine (2226 m) and Sinjajevina (2277 m)
The start of climbing on Sedlena Greda (2227 m) is from Sedlo (1907 m) pass. This pass can be reached on 16th km from Zabljak town, on Zabljak-Virak-Trsa road. Also, you can come from Trsa direction.
ROUTE: Sedlo Pass (1907 m) - Sedlena Greda (2227 m): 1h-1.30h
SKRKA approach: Skrka Hut (1723 m) - Samar Pass (2075 m) - Surutka Valley (2042 m) - Uvito Zdrijelo - Sedlo Pass (1907 m) - Sedlena Greda (2227 m): 3.30h - 4h
Gateway to Durmitor National Park and Sedlena Greda (2227 m) peak is Zabljak (1456 m) town. Information how to get there:
~To Beograd (Belgrade, Serbia&Montenegro capital) airport. Than with plane to Podgorica, capital of Montenegro, or with bus or car to Zabljak town.
~To Podgorica airport. Than with bus or car to Zabljak town.
Information about flights find on the sites of JAT Airways, a former Yugoslav airlines, or on Montenegro Airlines.
Buses go to Zabljak from Beograd (Belgrade) twice a day and from Podgorica, Niksic, Pljevlja and Mojkovac several times per day.
~Beograd (Belgrade)-Zlatibor-Nova Varos-Prijepolje-Pljevlja-Zabljak
~Niksic - Savnik (47km) - Zabljak (37km): 84km; Niksic to Zabljak approach from south.
~Niksic - Savnik (35km) - Zabljak (37km): 72km;
~Podgorica - Niksic (55 km)-Savnik (47 km)-Zabljak (37 km): 139 km; Add this length if you are going to Zabljak from Podgorica via Niksic. Road to Niksic from Podgorica is good.
~Podgorica - Kolasin (71km) - Mojkovac (21km) - Zabljak (67km): 159km; road is good all the way to Zabljak. Behind Podgorica (56m) you go inside Moraca River canyon (one of spectacular Montenegrin canyons). It is up to 1000m deep and has wild sides. That's spectacular drive. After that, from "Djurdjevica Tara" bridge to Zabljak - 23 km.
Than from Zabljak town to Sedlo (1907 m) pass by Zabljak-Virak-Trsa road, 16 km from Zabljak town.
Camping permitted on camping dedicated spots only. Major huts are in good condition, but with no service. Still, open to the general public. Hikers/climbers are supposed to bring all the jummy stuff with them.
1. Hut in Skrka Lakes Valley (1723 m). Active: June 1 - October 1.
2. Hut in Susica Canyon
SHELTERS & BIVOUACS
1. Bivouac in Velika Kalica valley
2. Shelter in Lokvice Valley (1693 m)
3. Stari Katun on the road from Zabljak to Obla Glava (2303 m) peak, near Ledena Pechina (Ice Cave) - empty simply hut from wood, without service, simple conditions...
1. Camp "Mlinski Potok", Pitomine, 84220 Zabljak. Owner: Mina Samsal. Mobile: +381 (0)69 497 625
2. Camp "Ivan Do". Owner: Radoman Sibalic. Camp price for camping is 4 Euro per day.
3. Camp "Razvrsje". Owner: Miso Vojnovic. Mobile: +381 (0)67 4444 77, +381 (0)69 564 564
Also, in Zabljak town you can rent private room or apartment. Price for 2-beds apartment with kitchen and bathroom: 10-14 Euro (5-7 Euro per person).
In some villages on mountain, for example in Bosaca village, you can rent a 2-beds apartment for price 6-8 Euro (3-4 Euro per person) with free milk products every day (1 liter of caw milk).
Maps & Guides
Exist three maps of Durmitor:
1. Map of Durmitor Massif & Tara Canyon - 1:25000. Author: Branislav Cerovic. You can buy it in Zabljak town in almost every store. Price: 5-6 euro.
2. Map of Durmitor National Park & Tara Canyon - 1:25000. Author: Branislav Cerovic. You can buy it in Beograd (Belgrade, Serbia) in Geokarta Co, Belgrade. Price: 2 euro. This map is better than first one and include many informations and facts about routes, peaks, lakes, glacial cirques, valleys, canyons,...
3. Durmitor Mountain Guide & Map. Short mountain guide with some basic informations and facts. Author of map: Pavle S. Bandovic. Editor: "Summit" Travel Agency, Zabljak, 2005. Price of Guide&Map: 7 euro.
Mountain ConditionsThe best weather forecast on Internet for Durmitor (Zabljak town) and Sedlena Greda (2227 m) is VREME YUBC NET site. You can see 5 days forecast for Durmitor area, 4-times-daily forecast.
Red TapeNo fees or extra fees for entering the National Park.
No permits needed either.
Usual rules of behaviour for NP's do apply.