Zeta

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.59060°N / 104.715°W
Additional Information Route Type: Aid Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.8 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: A2+/A3, 5.8
Additional Information Grade: III
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the crack directly left of DIRECT SOUTHWEST. They share the same First and Last Pitches. The line was attempted a year previous by Pat Kingsbury &Jessica Kilroy, who bailed after 40 ft.They were late for dinner.

Getting There

Yup !! Up and over Southwest shoulder to where it starts !

Route Description

First Ascent by Dave Hutchison & Frank Sanders. March 2008, in less than optimal conditions. Dave led the last pitch in a white-out !! A Fine Route, none-the-less. Dave, who was definitely the "Lead Dog" on this climb named the route after his dog !!

Pitch 1. 5.7(85 ft.) Take the 1st pitch of DIRECT SOUTHWEST up to the nice belay ledge, with a 2 bolt anchor.

Pitch 2. A2+/A3 (130 ft.) Dave ran it out to the end of our 70 meter rope and set up a fine belay on cams and nuts. The climbing is all aid; thinnest and hardest in the initial 35 ft, then more fun & less fright up higher.

Pitch 3. 5.8 (100 ft.) Continue up and eventually run into the last pitch of DIRECT SOUTWEST. Wide cracks & routefinding. You can make it harder !!

Essential Gear

Standard Tower Aid Rack, with some Beaks, Blades & Arrows. Big cams for the last pitch

External Links

Add External Links text here.