TAD

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.59060°N / 104.715°W
Additional Information Route Type: Classic Jams
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.7
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Take the South Face Approach then turn right,(east) walking across the Ramp and turning the Southeast Corner to the spacious East Ledges. TAD is 2 cracks right of Soler and 1 crack right of El Cracko.

Route Description


This Route was first climbed on July 10, 1956, on aid, by Dave Gallagher and Jack Morehead. It was first free climbed on July 3, 1973 by Dan Burgette and Charles Bare. This route can be more challenging than the rating seems to imply.

Pitch 1. (5.7, ??? ft.). Climb the corner and face until you find a comfortable place to set a hanging belay. Many parties set it at the small slanting ledge, below where the crack begins to narrow. Other climb past that spot and set it just after the next wide section. Wherever you set the belay, this first pitch involves a broad variety of techniques including face holds and stemming, as well as finger, hand, fist and off-width jams.


Pitch 2. (5.7, ???ft.). Continue up the corner on finger, hand and fist jams. There is a flaring section just before you reach the belay.

Finish. Take the 3rd Class Thrash to the Summit.


Essential Gear


Standard rack of Stoppers and Cams. Be sure to take several large pieces.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.