Take the road less traveled with National Geographic Back Roads Explorer and span terrain stretching from the Pacific to the Atlantic Ocean. With nationwide, customizable, topographic maps on 17 CD-ROMs, you can discover the coveted towns, lakes, summits, beaches, and landmarks of the United States. Seamlessly scroll across multiple, 3D, shaded, relief maps. Add symbols, routes, or text. Print or export your personalized maps to your Palm or Pocket PC, or use your GPS to navigate custom maps to backroads destinations. Whether your traveling spirit takes you to a hunting or fishing ground, a hiking trail or a scenic drive, Back Roads Explorer puts the best of the United States at your fingertips.
- TOPO! maps with road data for all 50 states on 17 CD-ROMs!
- Seamless USGS topographic maps of the entire United States
- Updated with current roads and streets
- 3D shaded relief
- Export maps to Palm or Pocket PC
- Load your GPS with personal routes and waypoints
- Customize and print photo-quality maps
Alan Ellis - Mar 3, 2004 9:23 pm - Voted 4/5Untitled Review
Downs: Only 1/100 scale doesn't have the detail of the individual state CDs at 1/24, so it's really only suitable for general planning. Still....It's pretty good. What do you expect for only $59.00 (or $39.00)?