TopoFusion is GPS Mapping software created by Microsoft for Windows Operating Systems. You can download maps (Aerial Photo, Satellite, and Topo) from Microsoft's TerraServer
and NASA's OnEarth server
. You then can store them on your hard drive for later offline use.
You can download
the free version. The only problem with this is that 1/3rd of the map tiles are covered with "DEMO" accross them. To remove this you can register
the software for $40.
FeaturesNew in Version 2.85
- 3D terrain visualization
- Support for Garmin USB devices, including X-series units (60CSx, LegendCx) and new generation Edge/Forerunner units
- Color aerial photographs for urban areas
- GPS dialog allows saving/merging of tracks files for each download.
- Displays USGS Topographical Quadrangle Maps in realtime downloads from Terraserver.
- Good panning and zooming of maps.
- Combines the use of topo and aerial maps using Alpha Blending.
- Uses Image Processing Dialog which adjust brightness, contrast, sharpness and blurring for aerial, topo, and combo maps.
- Stores downloaded maps onto your local hard drive for later off-line use.
- Downloads and Uploads waypoints to and from Garmin and Magellan Receivers.
- Supports real time tracking of GPS position for any NMEA compatible GPS unit as well as Garmin's protocol.
- Reads and writes using the GPX (GPS Exchange) XML format.
- Imports and Exports track and waypoint files from Delorme Topo USA and Maptech Terrain Navigator (.txt, .txf, .mxf)
- Exports maps (with track/waypoint overlay) to .BMP and .JPG formats. Worldfile export is also available.
- Computes trip reports: distance traveled, total trip time, elevation climbing/loss, average speed, Pace (minutes per mile), Moving time, stopped time, uphill time, downhill time, flat time, up/down/flat distance, average uphill/downhill grade, and max speed.
- Produces shaded elevation profiles for tracks and trail network segments.
- Draws tracks using elevation shading.
- Trip playback mode replays your trip in real time showing position and statistics of trips as time progresses.
- Multi-Track playback offers many varieties of trip visualizations and comparison options.
- Supports 9 map datums including NAD 27, WGS 72, WGS 84, and Ordinance Survey.
redsplashman23 - Feb 20, 2007 2:37 am - Hasn't votedTopo Fusion