The Nikon D60 is a 10.2 megapixel Nikon F-mount digital single-lens reflex camera announced in January 2008. The D60 succeeds the entry-level Nikon D40x. It features the Nikon EXPEED image processor introduced in the higher-end Nikon D3 and D300.
Like the Nikon D40, D40X, D3000, D3100 and D5000, the D60 has no in-body autofocus motor, and fully automatic autofocus requires the use of a lens with an integrated autofocus-motor. With any other lenses the camera's electronic rangefinder can be used to manually adjust focus.
Digital Photography Review said that the D60 is more of a "subtle upgrade" to the D40 and praised its boost in performance, and new features such as D-Lighting and the dust reduction system. They criticized the lack of mid-range features, such as a vertical grip and high ISO performance lacking compared to Canon.
Ken Rockwell criticized the slower flash sync, more megapixels, and lower base ISO. However, he praised the camera's manual focus indicator, saying it was better than his D3.
Both Digital Photography Review and Rockwell noted that the lack of an in-body focus motor was not a problem due to the wide availability of AF-S lenses and their belief that serious photographers using more exotic Nikon glass would be shooting with a D200 or higher, not the D60.
• Compact body, ergonomically designed to fit in your hand naturally and comfortably.
• Superior image quality thanks to 10.2 megapixels and Nikon’s exclusive EXPEED concept for high-quality enlargements, fine detail and smooth tonal reproduction
• Nikon Integrated Dust Reduction System includes original Airflow Control System and Image Sensor Cleaning for protection against dust
• Active D-Lighting automatically compensates highlighted or shadowy areas while you shoot, creating images with natural contrast– even in difficult lighting
• Advanced three-point AF system offers fast, efficient and precise autofocus
• Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II for ideal exposures in almost any lighting situation
• Quick 0.19-second power-up to respond to every photographic opportunity
• Fast continuous shooting mode enables up to 100 JPEG images (FINE L-size or smaller) at 3 frames* per second
*The fastest frame rates can be achieved by choosing manual focus, rotating the mode dial to S or M and selecting a shutter speed of 1/250 s. or faster, using defaults for all other settings
• A wide variety of Retouch Menus, including Quick Retouch, Stop-motion Movie and NEF (RAW) Processing to create duplicate images with amazing photo effects within the camera
• A large 2.5-in. LCD monitor with viewing angle of approx. 170 degrees in all directions
• Practical information display with choices of color variations in three formats: Classic, Graphic and Wallpaper. Can also be displayed in vertical position
• Handy assist images that help photographers select the right camera settings
• The new Eye Sensor turns off the LCD monitor automatically when you look through the viewfinder
• Bright and clear viewfinder with 0.8x magnification for precise composition
• Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery that allows up to 500 images* with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR on a single charge (*CIPA standards)
• Eight Digital Vari-Programs that adjust camera settings automatically for incredible scene-specific pictures
• Built-in flash with Nikon's dependable i-TTL flash control
• Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System when using the SB-900, SB-800, SB-600, SB-400, SB-R200 or the Wireless Close-Up Speedlight system R1C1. Offers accurate exposures via i-TTL flash
• Included Nikon ViewNX software makes browsing and organizing your images easy
• Capture NX software (optional) for amazingly simple and creative photo editing, thanks to U Point™ technology, by Nik Software Inc.
- Type: Digital single-lens reflex
- Sensor: 23.6 x 15.8 mm Nikon DX format RGB CCD sensor, 1.5 × FOV crop
- Maximum resolution: 3872 x 2592 (10.2 million effective pixels)
- Lens: Interchangeable Nikon F-mount
- Flash: Built-in TTL Speedlight with hotshoe (e.g. for the matching SB-400 Speedlight)
- Shutter: Combined mechanical and CCD electronic shutter
- Shutter speed range: 1/4000 to 30 seconds, bulb; 1/200 flash X-sync
- Exposure metering: TTL full-aperture exposure metering system
- Exposure modes: Automatic, Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sport, Closeup, Night Portrait, Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Programmed Auto, Stop Motion
- Metering modes: Spot, Center Weighted, Matrix
- Focus areas: 3 zone selectable: single area, dynamic area, closest subject
- Focus modes: Manual, Single shot AF, Continuous AF, Automatic AF Selection (AF operation subject to lens compatibility)
- Continuous shooting: 3 frame/s
- Viewfinder: Optical TTL
- ASA/ISO range: ISO 100-1600, with ISO 3200 as "High ISO"
- Flash bracketing: +1/-3 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 steps
- Custom WB: Automatic, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Cloudy, Shade, Preset (Custom)
- Rear LCD monitor: 2.5 inch
- Storage: Secure Digital
- Battery: Nikon EN-EL family
- Weight: 495 g without battery, 522 g with EN-EL9 battery., 787 g with battery and Nikon DX 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 VR kit lens
- Approx. 126 x 94 x 64 mm (5.0 x 3.7 x 2.5 in.)
- Optional battery packs: Nikon k EN-EL9 Lithium Ion
Albums photografed with this kit (D60+Nikon 18-105mm VR lens):
Hármashatárhegy - here you can touch the sky