Aiguille de la Lex Blanche

Aiguille de la Lex Blanche

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.78698°N / 6.80380°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 12129 ft / 3697 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Aiguille de la Lex Blanche or also referred to as Aiguille de la Lée Blanche is situated on the border between France and Italy. Most of the time overlooked by climbers, a traverse of the Aiguille de la Lex Blanche always appears to be a wonderfull high alpine trip with maginificent views. However, be aware of big corniches along the N an S Ridge!



NOTE: Unlike to my other contributions to Summitpost.org I haven't climbed this mountain myself. Additional information or summit logs are very welcome to improve the quality of this page.

Routes

  • E Flank - PD(+) (most of a day)

  • S Ridge from the Col de Neige - F (half a day)

  • Aiguille de la Lex Blanche - Aiguille Nord de Tré-la-Tête Traverse - AD (most of a day)

  • NW Face - AD(+) (most of a day)

Getting There

There are several starting points to climb the Aiguille de la Lex Blanche. One option is to park the car at le Cugnon, a small settlement to the south of les Contamines-Montjoie. From here one can reach the Conscrits Hut (CAF - 2580m - 84 places - Phone: 0033 (0)479 89 09 03) in 5 hours. Another option is to start from la Ville-des-Glaciers (or les Chapieux), from where the Robert Blanc Hut (Private - 2750m - 45 places - Phone: 0033 (0)479 07 24 22) is reached in 3 hours or the Bivouac d'Estelette (2850m - 3/4 places) in 4 hours. Starting from the Italian side at la Visaille, one can reach the Elisabetta Soldini Hut (CAI - 2195m - 80 places - Phone: 0039 (0)165 84 40 80) in 2 hours.

When To Climb

The Aiguille de la Lex Blanche can be climbed almost all the time of the year. The snowy slopes on the E Flank are accesible with tourskis in winter and spring. The NW Face will probably have the conditions during late spring and early summer.

Red Tape

No red tape is required to climb the Aiguille de la Lex Blanche. To all visitors, make sure it keeps that way. Off course it's also recommended to be a member of an alpine club to be insured for rescue in case of an emergency. There is a fee to park the car at le Cugnon.