Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.56830°N / 8.46634°E
Activities Activities: Skiing
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9032 ft / 2753 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Stotzingen Firsten (2752.3m) stands on the left side of the valley of river Furka, in front of Realp. It is an easy walking or a rather easy and safe ski-mountaineering from Realp to an excellent panoramic point in the heart of Central Switzerland. It offers to the visitors a large and comprehensive view over the Bernese as well the Vallis-Pennine and Lepontine Alps. Fiensteraarhorn, Lautheraarhorn and Shreckhorn, Galenstock and the Rhone Glacer, Basodino, Blinnenhorn to the Bernina Group far in the east.

Getting There

Realp is located on the main road between Andermatt and Oberwald. There is bus service from Andermatt. An excellent alternative to the car is the train since from both Andermatt (on the line Chiasso-Basel-Zurich) or From Brig.

To Realp
From Italy: Passed the Italian-Switzerland border at Ponte Chisso follow direction Gotthard. Leave the Higway 2 (E35) after the tunnel at Andermatt. then once arrived there follow to Furka Pass and reach Realp.
From Interlaken, Switzerland: Higway 2 till Andrematt then as above.

From the parking place at Realp railway station (Parking CHFr 3) follow along the right side of the railway along the indication for Rotondohutte. About after 2 km, when the way follow the bottom of the valley there is a bridge and then 2 elbow curves. After the second leave the main road (to Rotondohutte) and keep rising along the constant shoulder of the mountain. In about 3 hours you reach the top. An easy ridge for the western summit (lower).

Red Tape

Easy walkin to the top. Anyway good mountain boots, warm clothes.

This is also a sky-mountaineering summit very easy and safe.
Usually you would find a clear track to the top.
Very used since there is no risk for avalange along the way.

Camping

Add Camping text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.