Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.06329°N / 105.6744°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Mixed, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 12777 ft / 3894 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Iroquois and Hopi
"Hopi Peak" is a beautiful ranked unnamed peak in the Lone Eagle Cirque. This peak is hard to reach because of the length that it requires to get there. This peak has a beautiful glacier, Hopi glacier, though it is not on any of the Topo mapes. There are several routes up to the top. They are Hopi Glacier,a ridge from neighboring Mount Achonee and a ridge from point 12,799 (Iroquois Peak). The Hopi Glacier is accessed from Crater Lake, The ridge from Mount Achonee is accessed from its summit, and the other route is accessed from the summit of Iroquois.

Getting There

To access the routes from Crater Lake, follow the directions to the Monarch Lake Trailhead. From this trailhead, follow the Cascade creek trail for eight miles to Crater Lake. There are ten camping sites here, and it is good to stop here before attempting the routes. For the Hopi Glacier route head to the far end of the lake and follow the slopes up until you reach the snow and follow it up to the summit. For the route from Mount Achonee follow its Northeast gully route to its summit. From Achonee's summit follow the gentle ridge to the summit of Hopi. For the East Ridge route to Hopi, follow one of Iroquois' route to its summit and then follow the class three ridge to the summit of Hopi. For all of these routes, you can return the same route but for the Hopi Glacier route you can either descend the glacier and or go down Achonee's Northeast Gully route.

Red Tape

No permit is required to dayhike here. you need to pay five dollars to access the road to access the Monarch Lake Trailhead to enter the area but then nothing else is required. A permit is required to camp at Crater Lake and please respect the area around the lake and all of the area as it is very beautiful.

Camping

There are ten sites available at Crater Lake but a permit is required to camp here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.