Petite Aiguille des Glaciers

Petite Aiguille des Glaciers

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.77207°N / 6.80397°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 11388 ft / 3471 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Petite Aiguille des Glaciers is the first important elevation of Mont Blanc Massif from Col de La Seigne. Its sharp body make it similar to the 350 meters higher Aiguille des Glaciers. The Italian side is really steep, sheer on the Estellette Glacier, the French side show a little glacier just below the rocky summit. Tough the rock looks solid in spite of appearence the main ridge (S) is large and it's composed principally of stones in the first part and snow and broken rocks in the last part.

Getting There

from Italy:
motorway A5 Torino-Aosta
exit in Courmayeur
follow the direction Val Veny
park before the barrier after the bridge of LaVisaille

Follow the road for 45min/1h cross the Combal Bridge and proceed on the dirt road on the left (S) side of the lake. on the back straight take the trail on the left that rises on the higher part of vallone de la Lex Blanche. when you are on the plain (at about 2150 m, 2h) cross the stream and follow the dirt road on the right (below the Pyramid de calcaire). after Alpe superiore de la Lex Blanche (2282 m) the road ends; follow the trail until col de La Seigne (2512m, 3h).


Main Routes

1. from south, (PD-), it's the normal route that follow the border Ridge from col de La Seigne to the summit.

proceed on the grassy and large ridge to North until the elevetion of Montagnes des Glaciers (2747 m, 30 min). go down on the french side and reach the saddle (2720 m). Rise all the ridge of stones always leaning against the french side, then overcoming the easy rocks (I) (3013 m) you are on a really large ridge of stones. proceed on this 'schiena d'asino' until the top (3210 m) then the ridge reach a small glacier. It's really steep, cross it in direction of the main summit, leaving on the right the rocky elevation of 3351 m. at the base of the principal body rise on the top by rocks (II) and stones.

Huts

Rifugio Elisabetta Soldini (2200 m)
Rifugio la Casermetta (2365 m)

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.