Campanile Gardeccia is a fine spire belonging to the Catinaccio Group, subgroup Dirupi di Larsèc and overlooking from the North the wide basin of Gardeccia. It’s the last peak situated on the ridge, facing South-West, running down from Pala di Mezdì and separating the spire called Guglia del Rifugio (on the left) from the deep gully of Pala di Mezdì (on the right). Campanile Gardeccia counts some interesting climbing routes; amongst these routes, one of the most fine and frequently climbed is the route Hendrina, running on the South face of the tower.
The starting point to approach the peak is Pera di Fassa, located in the homonymous Val di Fassa.
Road access to Pera di Fassa - from Trento follow the Brennero Motorway towards North, exit Egna-Ora and take the road S51 towards Fassa Valley, getting to Cavalese, Predazzo, Moena and Pera di Fassa (48 km. from Egna-Ora).
- from Bolzano follow the Brennero Motorway towards North, exit Prato all’Isarco and take the road to Carezza Lake, Passo Costalunga, Fassa Valley.
Approach to Gardeccia
The road from Pera di Fassa to Gardeccia is open to private vehicles as far as the little hamlet of Soial. A minibus service is available from the chair-lift station in Pera di Fassa; frequent departures both from Pera and Gardeccia. Otherwise the chair-lift in Pera di Fassa will lead you to the Ciampedie upper station. From here 40 minutes by walk to reach Gardeccia basin.
Campanile Gardeccia South Wall – Via Hendrina report (UIAA scale) Summit altitude: m 2310
Difficulty: Alpine D+, UIAA max V+
Route length: 250 m
First ascent: Gino Battisti, Dante Colli 1980
Starting point: Gardeccia m. 1950
A classic exposed climb on good rock with a few fine pitches
Other interesting routes - UIAA scale
- Via delle Pignatte D, mainly UIAA IV, max UIAA V-, 130 m. - Don Tita Soraruf 1940
- Via Luisa D+, mainly UIAA IV+, max UIAA V, 170 m. - G. Battisti and E. Lampugnani 19-8-1980
- Via Prima Luna TD-, UIAA IV, V, V+, 200 m. - Antonio Bernard, Alessandro Gogna, Ivan Fuligni 19-8-2005
- L’ultimo sole (SW wall and SW ridge) TD-, UIAA IV, V, V+, VI- (a short move)- Alberto Rampini, Stefano Righetti 25-9-1983