One day in Bielovodska valley

One day in Bielovodska valley

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

One day in Bielovodska valley

This April began in Tatras with wonderful sunny weather and I just couldn’t wait more for going to the mountains after coming back home from gloomy Ireland. My eyes were missing the view of old, beloved places for so long that there was no hesitation where to go first, where to open new hiking season.
Last Friday morning along with first rays of rising sun appearing on snowy summits on the horizon I entered Bielovodska valley at Lysa Polana. Due to lack of any winter equipment my trip led through the whole length of the valley ending at the threshold of Kacacia and Litvorova valleys.
If morning hike up the valley was just a pure fun, the descent became a real, neverending torment in deep, wet snow.
Luckily the weather was just perfect and I reached Palenica meadow on Polish side before dark, crossing earlier border Bialka river around Stara Roztoka following bear traces...
Quite exhausting, but really great hike and comeback to Tatras with some fabulous impressions throughout the day in Bielovodska valley, the day the greatest Tatra valley was presenting all its beauty only for me, since I haven’t met anybody there beside scaring away a herd of beautiful deers crossing the stream at dawn.

The album presents some photos from that trip.

Enjoy!

Bielovodska valley, High Tatras, 3rd April 2009



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
yatsek

yatsek - Apr 9, 2009 3:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!!!

Thanks a million for sharing.

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Apr 9, 2009 3:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks!!!

You're welcome Jacku!

More to come later and tomorrow, everyone's invited.

Tomek

HansG

HansG - Apr 10, 2009 3:28 am - Voted 10/10

that's...

forbidden. You are lawbreaker.

jck

jck - Apr 10, 2009 4:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: that's...

Exactly. Now you're a criminalist ;)
Nice pics. The weather was perfect!

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Apr 10, 2009 1:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: that's...

As we touch the problem from that side I would call myself a highly frequent recidivist! :)))

Pozdro,

Tomek

HansG

HansG - Apr 10, 2009 4:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: that's...

i can help You, but You should pay me good:)

Ivona

Ivona - Apr 12, 2009 11:56 am - Voted 10/10

lucky guy!

you always know when come to Poland;))and Tatra were again favourable for you!

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Apr 13, 2009 6:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: lucky guy!

I won't argue, I was lucky again.

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you...;)

T

Viewing: 1-8 of 8