Black Ice

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Black Ice
Manufacturer Charlet Moser
Page By spyder550
Page Type Sep 29, 2002 / Sep 29, 2002
Object ID 491
Hits 8669
Vote
The Charlet Moser Blackice features over twelve long points, the front four are specifically aligned to offer superb stability and calve comfort during long ascents. Horizontal toe points assist progression on weathered ice or unstable snow. The patented Heel Clip allows for micrometric adjustments for an ideal fit, no matter the height of the boot. UIAA certified. Can be bought with either toebail or straps, both mated to the Rapidfix heel clip.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

William Marler - Dec 9, 2002 7:00 am - Voted 2/5

Untitled Review
I had a pair of these (I still do have them actually) They work quite well at first. But as your boot gets older and the front rand wares, these crampons tend to come off easily.While this is not the fault of the crampon, it is a problem just the same. Even though I have new boots now, I’m gunshy and won’t use them again.

Viator - Aug 29, 2003 5:51 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
I have a pair of these as well, and don't have any specific compaints. They're a pretty good all around pair of crampons. They're pretty good for technical alpine climbing, the shorter front points can be a bit easier on the calfs when you're headed up hard stuff, but I never noticed any difficiency on softer snow.



They're good, but nothing to rave about.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2