contact

 

contact
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title contact
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By awagher
Page Type Mar 30, 2005 / Jan 24, 2007
Object ID 1286
Hits 4963
Vote
Primary points repositioned for better bite .
Flexible nylon straps offer secure fit .
Compact and light for fast travel and easy storage.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-14 of 14

awagher - Mar 30, 2005 2:50 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
These crampons are great out of the box sharp. Good for general mountaineering, they attatch to any boot easily and are a basic crampon for those who do not wear full mountaineering boots all of the time. The sizing goes at minimum (because I have done this) from womens 7 to mens 12.

The Defiant One - Apr 1, 2005 4:08 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
These crampons are very versatile and well made. They are quite light and I use these for general mountaineering. They're great for summer use as the straps will work with many boots, not just mountaineering boots or doubles.

They perform well on steep snow/ice and i've never had a problem with snow accumulating from CO 14ers to Sierras to Oregon Cascades

Ed F - Jun 12, 2005 12:18 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
These crampons are ok for low-angled snow or glaciers. For steeps, leave these at home. They didn't attach well to several pairs of my boots, and this was a safety concern.

Pulsar - Nov 8, 2005 9:50 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Nice pair of all-roud crampons. They may have fitting problems on some types of boots. The back strap should fit perfectly around the heel. If this is not the case, consider to buy a different type.

DBaker - Nov 22, 2005 4:20 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
These things just BARELY fit my boots (Size 13.0 Lowas). Despite that, they do not attempt to shift or fall off my boots. I've had little problems with balling, and the points have stayed nice and sharp. They are also light enough that I almost always bring them along "Just in Case", as the small addition of wieght is well worth the option of travelling over or up ice. They front-point descently well with stiff boots, but I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than glacier travel and brief verticle bits.

banjobonch - Jan 22, 2006 7:15 pm - Voted 3/5

Untitled Review
I bought these in Oct. and had no problems and they worked great for trail hiking in ice, untill today. One fell off my foot, I ate sh!t, and had to watch the crampon slide down the side of the mountain about 500 feet or so before I lost sight of it. I wish I could have seen it after to find out why it came off.

Bill Reed - Feb 9, 2007 2:44 am - Voted 5/5

They're workin' for me
My first pair of crampons and I love em'. They fit my hiking boots just fine and have done everything I've needed them to do.

C-Dizzle - Jul 8, 2007 11:39 pm - Voted 5/5

Git 'er done
For the cowardly routes that I take, these do the job. They are very sharp out of the box, and stay that way even through mixed climbing in rock, snow and ice. They are clearly not designed for any serious front-pointing, so if you're planning to get really vertical, pick something else. They do what they are designed to do, and I feel they do it well.

I wear 9.5 Raichle 60 degree boots, and have no problem with the fit. The antibott plates are probably a good accessory to buy as well. I did, and I have not had any problems.

Augie Medina - Sep 17, 2007 6:34 pm - Voted 5/5

Back Up Crampons
They have served me well in the Sierra Nevada. I'm a size 10.5-11 boot and they have snuggly fit all my weltless boots. They're good to have as a pair to loan out to partners who don't own thier own crampons yet. Naturally, you have to take care you don't use them on terrain where you need 12-points.

TrekAdam - Dec 4, 2007 4:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Good
Used these for the first time on an ice covered mountain and they worked great. Didn't loosen up once and they bite into the ice very well! However, being a size 12 boot I am going to have to get the extender bar. My boots fit but I'm a bit worried they may come apart as currently I have the mid bar set to the last hole.

cushman - Dec 7, 2007 3:07 pm - Voted 5/5

Good, simple crampons
Not too technical, not too heavy, just right for those springtime alpine routes.

strat1080 - Dec 21, 2007 2:39 am - Voted 4/5

Simple and Versatile
I think these are excellent for general mountaineering use. They are super stabile and hold their sharpness very well. They have worked with all boots that I have tried and are very easy to strap on and adjust if necessary.

AltitudeSickness - Jan 3, 2008 7:33 pm - Voted 5/5

Versatility !!
Putting these on any boot I own is quick and easy. ABS plates are a must with this set. Make sure you adjust these ahead of time and not out in the field to the boot you plan on using. Doing it in the cold is awkward.

mtnbnd - Jan 1, 2012 7:35 pm - Voted 4/5

Decent
A good general mountaineering crampon, if they fit your boots.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14