Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 41.82448°N / 9.25323°E
Additional Information County: Bavella
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing, Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 3363 ft / 1025 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Geographical classification: Corsica - Corse > Bavella Massif > Teghie Lisce

 

Teghie Lisce 1025 m

 

The charming South Face of Teghie Lisce - a jewel in the general framework of climbing in the Bavella Massif - is located on the right-hand side of the road D268 when driving from Solenzara in the direction of Col de Bavella. You can clearly see Teghie Lisce when driving on this road from Solenzara in the direction of the Bavella Pass. This cliff – a true little granite ocean – reminds its huge "Yosemite cousins” and draws irresistibly the climber’s eye. Several routes had been realized here on this face, all requiring a hard and engaged climb, except for the route "Invitation au Voyage", the most accessible climb on Teghie Lisce. The rock is extraordinarily solid and offers different climbing ways, from the slabs in sheer adherence to the off-width.

Teghie Lisce, Bavedda, Corsica
Teghie Lisce
Teghie Lisce and Punta di u Corbu
Teghie Lisce and Punta di u Corbu

 

Getting There

 

Bavella Range, Corsica, The Milieu

The milieu

Road access to Bavella Pass

- From Bastia (Corsica Eastern coast) follow the road RN 198 to Solenzara; less then 1 km. before getting to Solenzara turn to right and follow the road D268 towards Bavella Pass (km. 130 from Bastia).
- From Aiaccio (Corsica Western coast) follow the road RN 196 to Petreto, then the road N852 to Aullene, Quenza and Zonza (km. 90 from Aiaccio). From Zonza follow D268 to Col de Bavella.

Getting to Teghie Lisce from Solenzara

Follow the road D268 and park the car at Polischellu Bridge, between Bocca di Larone (Larone Pass) and Col de Bavella.

Getting to Teghie Lisce from Bavella Pass

Follow the road D268 down along NE side, reaching Polischellu Bridge. Parking.

Walking approach

From Polischellu Bridge follow Polischellu stream along its orographical left bank as far as the third waterfall (15 minutes from the bridge). Leave the stream following on your right-hand side a little trail inside the thick vegetation, rising towards a small rocky gully – little cairn – leading to the base of the cliff (45 minutes from Polischellu Bridge).

Routes overview

Teghie Lisce routes overview from left to right:

"Abbastanza"
"Acqua in bocca"
"La Marseillaise” 350 m.
“Slovak Route” 6c+
“La Porte des Cieux” 6b “Octogènèse” 8a+
“Resurrection des Roses” 7b
"Barbier - Biancarelli" 7b max., 6a/b obbl., 150 m.

Teghie Lisce, Invitation au Voyage, The little overhang
Teghie Lisce, Invitation au Voyage, The little overhang
Teghie Lisce, Invitation au Voyage, Upper slabs
Invitation au Voyage, Upper slabs

“Etau e violon” 6c max., 6a obbl., 200 m.
“L’equipage” 7b max or A1, 6b obbl., 150 m.
“Storia d’Acqua i di Luna” 7c max., 7a obbl., 220 m.
"Invitation au Voyage" 6a max, 6a obbl., 200 m.
"La Foire aux immortels" 6c max., 6b obbl., 300 m.
"Penduleum" 7a max, 6c obbl., 200 m.

 
Teghie Lisce summit and Punta di u Corbu, Bavella Range, Corsica

Summit with Punta di u Corbu behind

Teghie Lisce summit, Bavella Range, Corsica

Lunarda seen from Teghie Lisce

Teghie Lisce granite's ocean, Bavella, Corsica

Teghie Lisce granite ocean

 
Descent: abseiling along “Storia d’Acqua i di Luna”. From the top traverse towards right – facing in – crossing the summit slabs with some trees (there is a small pond after the rainfall) looking for “Storia d’Acqua i di Luna” last equipped belay. Abseils are truly a wonderful trip along an incredible mineral ocean!!!!

Nature and climate

Nature is wild and peculiar; in Corsica we can find more than 5% of authoctonous kinds of flower and plants, in addition to authoctonous fauna. On the contrary, several kinds of animal current inside Mediterranean countries are away from Corsica, like squirrels and vipers.

 

a specimen of Alpine columbine grown near the rocks
Alpine columbine
Stones
Stones
 
Climate is the typical one of the mediterranean middle-mountain areas situated at these latitudes: often very hot in summer and with cold and snowy winters; early and middle Spring and early Fall are the better seasons to climb. Due to Bavella closeness to the sea, winds are often stronger how much they are at the same height in the Alps. Rainfall sometimes are important and dangerous when joined with strong winds. On the contrary, sometimes we can find some long periods of drought.

Red Tape

Bavella is a well preserved environment, but delicate at the same time, situated inside the Parc Naturel Régional de Corse - Parcu di Corsica. Free camping and bivouac are not allowed and fires are strictly forbidden. Maximum care is required to keep for the future this extraordinary environment.
 
Bocca di Bavedda
Bocca di Bavedda
Bavedda  wild black pig, can see it everywhere...
Wild black pig, can see it everywhere...
Bavedda stone's world
Teghie Lisce stone-world

Where to stay

Several opportunities of accomodation on Bavella Col and surroundings.
 
COL DE BAVELLA
 
-Auberge du Col de Bavella – Hotel and Gite d’Etape Auberge du Col de Bavella
-Les Aiguilles de Bavella – Gite d’Etape Gite d'Etape Les Aiguilles de Bavella
 
ZONZA
 
- Hotel L’Aiglon, Hotel de la Terrasse, Hotel Incudine - Residence Le Mouflon d'Or - Municipal Camping of Zonza, Camping La Riviere (Road to Quenza), Camping Bavella Vista (Road to Quenza)
 
Bavella cow
Col de Bavella
Bavedda
Bavedda
Village of Zonza
Zonza
 
Two equipped campsites along the road D 268 between Solenzara and Bocca di Larone: - Camping U Ponte Grossu - Camping U Rosmarinu

Meteo

METEO CORSE
Teghie Lisce map

When to climb

Teghie Lisce South Face is sometimes very hot. Best seasons to climb are Spring and Fall.

Guidebooks and Maps

 
Corsica road map
- Guidebooks
“Bavedda – Aiguilles entre ciel et torrents: Escalade, Rando, Canyon” by Jean Louis Fenouil and Jean Paul Quilici - FFME
“Guide d’escalade en Corse” Vol. I Massif de Bavella Jean Paul Quilici – Bernard Vaucher
“Rocca è Sole” Massif de Bavedda by Jean Paul Quilici – Francis Thibaudeau
 
- Maps
IGN 4253 ET “Aiguilles de Bavella – Solenzara”


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bavella MassifMountains & Rocks