Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.33253°N / 9.65947°E
Activities Activities: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8589 ft / 2618 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Piz dal Päl is a small independent, pyramid formed summit just to the south of the Piz Balzet. Its southern face offers a couple of short single-pitch sportclimbing routes on granite slabs and one longer route (5 pitches)which goes to the little summit. The crux of all these routes is the first pitch which is a granite slab graded between 5c and 6a+ depending on the precise line you follow. This first pitch is well bolted, the rest of the route is less so. The summit does have a bolted abseil-belay.

Getting There

The Piz dal Päl is a very short 15-20 minute walk north of the Albigna hut and this combined with the short routes makes it an excellent way to spend an afternoon or as a first route to get to grips with the Albigna granite.
Follow the path that leads from the hut to the north and you'll soon find yourself beneath the routes. After abseiling from the top you make your way back down over a grassy slope to the very same path.
Piz dal PälThe windy summit of the Piz dal Päl

Red Tape

No red tape, no restrictions apply.

Camping

The well positioned and large Albigna hut is just a 15 minutes walk to the south of the Piz dal Päl and makes an excellent base from which to climb this and other routes in the area such as the Piz Balzet, Punta da l'Albigna, Spazzacaldeira and Al Gal.
Bivouacing is also a very good option in the Albigna area although it is officialy prohibited. There are many large boulders that provide good shelter and for the pampered the cablecar station makes an excellent and luxurious place to stay.

External Links

The Albigna hut.
Camping Mulina in Vicosoprano

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.