Vodnikov dom on Velo polje

Vodnikov dom on Velo polje

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5961 ft / 1817 m

Basic Data

Triglav from the route on...Triglav
The hut is standing on a small terrace above Velo polje, on Tosc western slopes. The first small hut here was built in 1895. It is named by a Slovenian poet Valentin Vodnik (1758-1819), who was also a mountaineer and climbed Mali Triglav in 1795.

The hut is opened from start of June till mid October. In the dining room it has 50 seats, in 8 rooms there's 22 beds and additional 31 places to sleep in common rooms. The winter room with 10 beds is opened all winter.

The hut is serving ascents on mountains in Triglav Group and Bohinj Group.

Managed by: Planinsko drustvo (Mountaineering Club) Srednja vas, Bohinj.

Tel.: +386(0)51 607 211, +386(0)31 341 821

Access Routes

From Krma valley


From the parking place (1000m) follow the marked path by the valley towards SW. After reaching Malo polje alpine meadow the path towards three higher Triglav huts starts turning right, while we keep ascending towards SW, on a well seen Bohinjska vratca saddle, 1979m. On the other side of the saddle we descend 150m to the hut. 3h 30min.

From Pokljuka plateau


From the big parking place on Rudno polje a marked forrest road leads us towards NW, where Visevnik ski lifts are. By the bottom station our path goes left (the right path goes on Visevnik or below it to Srenjski preval). Now we ascend more and more and go around the S ridge of Visevnik and later crossing its long slopes above Konjscica meadow. Just below Jezerce basin the path from Uskovnica joins from left. In Jezerce basin we turn sharp left and ascend Studorski preval (saddle), 1892m. Beyond it, we descend a little ascend on Tosc slopes and then cross horizontally all south slopes of the fat Tosc. On the other side of the mountain there's Vodnikov dom. Instead of starting on Rudno polje, we can start on Uskovnica meadows, 1154m (hut).

From Voje valley


From the end of the road in Voje, cca 700m, we our marked path keeps to the left (W) side of the valley. (If you go more to the right and follow the creek bed, you will find a nice waterfall.) From the end of Voje a comfortable cart-road brings us in an hour through forests on the abandoned pastures of Grintovica. We keep going towards north we enter forest again and over a small plateau to Jurjevceva vrtaca (abandoned pasture), some 1500m. From here, we follow a narrow and steeper valley towards W, turn soon right and the world suddenly opens. We are standing in the middle of Triglav world. Crossing the plateau we reach foothills of Tosc where we ascend to the path from Rudno polje and by it to the hut. 3h 15min.

Summits and Passages

From Vodnikov dom you can go further to:

Summits

Triglav, 2:30h,
Miselj vrh, 3h,
Miseljski Konec, 3:30h,
Jezerski Stog, 2:30h,
Tosc, 2:00h,
Vernar, 1:15h.

Passages

- Into the Valley of Triglav Lakes, 6h.
- Over Hribarice pass to Prehodavci, 3-4h.
- To Dolic hut, 2h.
- To Planika hut, 1:45h.
- To Kredarica hut, 2:00h.
- To Stanic hut, 3h.

External Links

Vodnikov dom - home page in Slovenian language

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Triglav GroupHuts & Campgrounds
 
Bohinj GroupHuts & Campgrounds
 
TriglavHuts & Campgrounds
 
KanjavecHuts & Campgrounds
 
RjavinaHuts & Campgrounds
 
Debeli vrhHuts & Campgrounds
 
Miselj vrhHuts & Campgrounds
 
ToscHuts & Campgrounds
 
VernarHuts & Campgrounds