Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 46.10662°N / 114.82139°W
Additional Information County: Ravalli
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4280 ft / 1305 m

Climbers' Access to Brandy Peak

From Hamilton head south on Highway 93 for roughly 10 miles, then turn right (west) onto Lost Horse Creek Road.

In about 2.5 miles the road forks. You want to stay to the left (southwest) following the sign for Twin Lakes and FR 429.

Watch for a sign on the left (south) side of the road indicating a turnoff for Lake Como. Brandy Peak lies about 2 mile west of this intersection.

The direct climbing approach to the east face of the peak is just one mile past the turnoff for Lake Como and involves crossing Lost Horse Creek and bushwhacking in a westerly direction.

Brandy Peak is named for Guy Mathew Brandborg, "Brandy." He served as supervisor of the Bitterroot National Forest form 1935 to 1955. During his career and for the following 22 years until his death in 1977, he actively supported sound forest management practices and became nationallhy know for his dedication to the establishment and protection of wilderness.

External Links

For information about the climbers' route accessed from this trailhead, see the link included in the picture's description.
[img:173570:alignleft:medium:The formidable top hat of Brandy Peak.]