Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 46.03976°N / 114.25948°W
Additional Information County: Ravalli
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5260 ft / 1603 m

Climbers' Access for Como Point and East Como Peak

The Trailhead for Como Point begins behind the truck
which is parked at the beginning of the abandoned road
 
On US Highway 93 go about 12 miles south of Hamilton, MT, and turn right (west) onto Lake Como Road. Follow the road to a marked junction, then turn left (south) and travel past the boat loading ramp (which is just past the Lake Como Dam).

Shortly after the road turns to gravel, you should see a sign for FR 550 and the Little Rock Creek Trailhead. Follow FR 550 for approximately 3.5 miles (south and west) to a second road junction.

Go straight ahead (west, don't turn south) on the slightly rough, single-lane road a short distance to the marked trailhead for the Little Rock Creek Trailhead just before a sometimes-locked Forest Service gate.

Continue east-southeast past the gate to the top of the ridge (less than half a mile) to the next switchback (road turns south). Look for an abandoned road, blocked with an earthen berm, on your right (west) on the ridge-crest. The unmarked trail begins by following this abandoned road.

There are several places to park in this fairly open area on the ridge-crest, but no restroom facilities.

For information about Como Point, see the link included in the following picture's description.



This automated weather station is passed on the way to Como Point