Little Rock Creek Trailhead

Little Rock Creek Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 46.04117°N / 114.26561°W
Additional Information County: Ravalli
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5171 ft / 1576 m

Climbers’ Access for Como Peaks and El Capitan

On US Highway 93 go about 12 miles south of Hamilton and turn right (west) onto Lake Como Road. Follow the road to a junction and turn left (south) toward the boat loading area just past the dammed end of Lake Como.

Shortly after the road turns to gravel, you should see a sign for FR 550 and the Little Rock Creek Trailhead. Follow FR 550 for approximately 3.5 miles (south and west) and a second road junction.

Take the slightly rough, single-lane road straight ahead (west, don't turn south) and follow it the short distance to the marked trailhead just before a sometimes-locked Forest Service gate.

There are parking spots for several vehicles but no restroom facilities.

For information about the two climbers' routes accessed by the Little Rock Trail, see the respective links included in each picture's description.

Como Peaks, picture taken east of Corvallis, MT
El Capitan, taken on the North Buttress
of West Como Peak




Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.