Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.28338°N / 7.99152°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8284 ft / 2525 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is a small mountain compared to neighboring giants of Alps. Northern wall of Glishorn rises from Glis-Brig - Rhone Valley. Height difference between the city and the peak is about 2000 meters. The summit is like the end of the ridge descending from Fletschhorn. This is east north-east border of Walliser/Pennine Alps. Great view to south - Bietschhorn, Aletsch Glacier, and to Pennine Alps - especially Mischabel and Weisshorn.

Getting There

Starting point is Brig - Glis or Simplon Pass.
Brig can be reached by train from either Geneva and up the Rhone Valley, from Zurich-Bern-Spiez-Kandersteg, from Furka-Oberalppass (Andermatt/Disentis, Glacierexpress) or from Domodosola, Italy.
By car - from east - from road through Furka or Grimsel Pass.
from south - Italy: from Milano keep the higway A8 Milano-Laghi, then follow to A26 direction Gravellona Toce, Simplon pass (Sempione).
From west - road e62 (from France, Martigny, Geneve)

Red Tape

No limitations

Camping

Good place to camping is Brig.
Camping in Brig
As in the whole of Switzerland a lot of possibilities of accommodation.

External Links

Glishorn
hikr.org

Route

- Starting point - Holzji above Brig, from here guidepost to Glishorn, by forest road and path to Schratt, Mattustafel, Cholbodinia the end - summit.

- Another possibility is that the route of the Simplon Pass, through peak Spitzhornli. to south.
Glishorn map