Mali Vrh

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.43250°N / 13.63918°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 6532 ft / 1991 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mali Vrh (Small Peak)(1991 m) don't belong to the highest and most important peaks of Western Julian Alps. Even "Small", this peak is maybe also the Great Peak, because of it's many impressive summit panoramas. For sure, Mali Vrh is one of the best and most beautiful viewpoint-peaks of Western Julian Alps.

Mali Vrh belong to the Mangart & Jalovac Group and is placed on S from Mangart (2678 m) and Mojstrovka (2366 m), on SW from Jalovec (2645 m) and Pelc nad Klonicami (2442 m), on NW from Loska Stena (2200 m - 2300 m) and Koritnica Valley, on N from Rombon (2208 m) and Jerebica (2126 m), on NE from Kanin Group and Jezerska Valley, on E from Vis (2666 m), Montaz (Iof di Montasio, 2754 m), Carnic Alps and Dolomites.

Mali VrhMali Vrh (1991 m)

Mali Vrh peak is really located in the heart of incredible beauty of Western Julian Alps. If you are visiting this area, don't miss to climb Mali Vrh, specially if you are fun of mountain photography and lover of incredible alpine summit panoramas.

Summit View

Loska StenaLoska Stena

Vis & Montaz groupVis & Montaz Group

JalovecJalovec

Jalovec, Ozebnik and Pelc nad KlonicamiJalovec, Ozebnik & Pelc nad Klonicami

MangartMangart

Jerebica & Kanin GroupJerebica & Kanin

The summit of Mali Vrh (1991 m) offer enjoyment in many beautiful and impressive panoramas.

For example, on SE you can see the incredible deepth of Koritnica Valley and amazing massif of Loska Stena (2200m-2300m).

On N you will enjoy in the view to the highest peak of Mangart & Jalovec Group - Mangart (2678 m) and to Mojstrovka (2366 m).

On SW from Mali Vrh is placed Kanin Group and beautiful Jezerska Valley.

On NE you will see Jalovec (2645 m), Veliki Ozebnik (2480 m), Mali Ozebnik (2324 m) and Pelc nad Klonicami (2442 m).

On S you can see Rombon (2208 m) and Jerebica (2126 m).

Finally, you can spend whole day in amazing W view to Vis (2666 m), Montaz (Iof di Montasio, 2754 m), Carnic Alps and Dolomites.

What is maybe the most beautiful is for sure enjoyment in beautiful sunset from western side of Mali Vrh, above Vis, Montaz, Carnic Alps and Dolomites.

Getting There

Mangartsko SedloMangartska Koca on Mangartsko Sedlo

FROM SLOVENIAN SIDE:

Bovec town is starting point to reach Mangartska Koca (1906 m) hut on Mangartsko Sedlo saddle. First, you will come to Log pod Mangartom village. After that, you will finish your drive on Mangartsko Sedlo saddle. Here you'll find the highest asphalt road of Slovenia.

FROM ITALIAN SIDE:

You can start from Cave del Predil (Rabelj)(900 m) and continue your drive accross Passo del Predil (Predel)(1156 m) to Mangartska Koca (1906 m) hut on Mangartsko Sedlo saddle.

Route Description

Jalovec & Pelc nad KlonicamiBelow the summit

The route to the summit of Mali Vrh (1991 m) start from Mangartska Koca (1906 m) hut. First, you will walk following the asphalt road in S direction from the hut. After that, when you come belowe the Mali Vrh peak, you will begin with hiking on northern grassy slopes of Mali Vrh. Soon, you'll be on the summit of Mali Vrh (1991 m). If your attention will be careful, you can see white Edellweiss (Planika) flowers.

Ascent to Mali Vrh summit is easy and not long. You can reach the summit for 20-30 minutes. But result of this climbing is enjoyment in many unforgetable summit panoramas.

Camping

Mangart & Mangartska KocaMangartska Koca hut
Mali Vrh & Mangartska KocaMali Vrh & Mangartska Koca hut

Mangartska Koca (1906 m) hut is the best place for stay before Mali Vrh (1991 m) climbing. Hut is placed belowe the SW side of Mangart (2678 m), on Mangartsko Sedlo saddle. Hut is open in period May-October, depends on weather (snow conditions). In this hut you can buy cooking meal for the price about 4 Euro. Here you can sleep for about 5,5 Euro per day if you have your Mountain Card, in another case you'll not use the discount and pay 11 Euro per day.

Red Tape

No extra fees for pay.

Maps

MapMap of Mali Vrh area

MAPS:
Triglav National Park - 1:50000, Planinska Zveza Slovenije

On this part of Triglav National Park map, you can see Mali Vrh inside of blue ring. The route from Mangartska Koca (1906 m) to Mali Vrh (1991 m) peak is marked with yellow color.

Click twice to see the full size of the map!

Weather Conditions

Mountain conditions in Julian Alps are well known, thanks to Kredarica (2515 m) hut and meteo station, which is bellow the Triglav (2864 m)

You can observe current conditions and forecast for Kredarica on the Wunderground meteo site. Here is direct link to Wundergound Kredarica page.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mangart and Jalovec GroupMountains & Rocks