Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.14880°N / 71.6445°W
Additional Information Elevation: 5089 ft / 1551 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mt. Lincoln stands over 5000 feet tall along the Franconia Ridge in New Hampshire. To the north on this ridge is Mt. Lafayette and to the south of Lincoln are Little Haystack, Liberty and Flume. It's a popular summit and is usually done as part of the Franconia Ridge Traverse along with Lafayette and Little Haystack.

It can be accessed from the north or south on the Franconia Ridge Traverse and is .96 miles south of Lafayette on the ridge as well as 1.67 miles north of Little Haystack. The views are incredible including Washington to the north.

Here is a useful link with additional information as well.

Also, White Mountains Info Server

Getting There

From Boston, take Interstate 93 north into New Hampshire. Take the exit just north of Woodstock, NH that says Mt. Lafayette Campground. The trailheads for either direction both start from this parking lot.

Red Tape

No red tape. It's located within a state park so no fees are required.

When To Climb

Year-round.

Camping

You can stay at the Greenleaf Hut located a mile to the north and below the summit of Mt. Lafayette.

You can also stay at the Lafayette Campground just off the highway.

Mountain Conditions

Franconia State Park
(603) 745-8391

Ammonoosuc Ranger Station
(603) 869-2626






Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
technicolorNH

technicolorNH - May 24, 2012 5:50 pm - Hasn't voted

placement

I think the author meant to say Mt Lincoln is 1.67 miles north of Mt. Liberty on the Franconia ridge rather than what was written.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - May 28, 2012 12:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: placement

Thanks for the catch, I actually meant Little Haystack.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

White Mountains (NH/ME)Mountains & Rocks
 
Twin & Franconia RangesMountains & Rocks
 
 
Northeast Alpine PeaksMountains & Rocks