Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 46.31678°N / 114.22432°W
Additional Information County: ravalli
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4125 ft / 1257 m

Climbers’ Access for Mill Point, Other Printz Ridge Highpoints,
Sheafman Point, and Castle Crag

At the stoplight on Hwy 93 about 4.5 miles north of Hamilton, MT, turn west onto Dutch Hill Road.

Follow Dutch Hill Road west for 2.5 miles to it’s end at the “T” intersection with Bowman Road.

Turn left (south) onto Bowman Road and drive about .5 mile (just past the bridge over Mill Creek).

Turn right (west) at the sign for Mill Creek Trailhead onto the gravel road (FS 1328) and follow it for just over .75 miles to the trailhead.

There is a Forest Service picnic area and plenty of parking available at the trailhead.

For information about the climbers' route accessed from this trailhead, see the link included in the picture's description.

The summit of Mill Point can be reached from Mill Creek

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Jan 2, 2007 4:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: notice to hikers

Daryl, Thanks for posting this current info. Very helpful. You know, in a way it's rather interesting that the first portion of the trail is in such poor shape. Supposedly the Forest Service had a "special" crew working on this trail last summer; their work was even covered in the local paper. Your up-to-date report kind of makes me wonder what the crew spent its time doing.

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Mar 3, 2007 11:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Done

Notice is now included. Thanks Daryl. Mike

Viewing: 1-2 of 2