Lamsenspitze

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.38185°N / 11.59298°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8228 ft / 2508 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Lamsenspitze is 2508m high and standing in beautiful Karwendel, Tirol, Austria. It was first climbed 1843 (Lipold). It also has a hut named Lamsenjochütte below the eastface.

Map Lamsenspitze


The hikers way to the summit is over the southside.

It can be reached from the north over the Lamsscharte (2270m), which is also the lowest passage over the Karwendel main crest. The Lamsscharte is reached after a long hike from the Innvalley from the south, or shorter over the Lamsenjochhütte (1953m) from the north. On the above picture the Lamsscharte is at the left bottom of the seen eastface where the debris starts. This secured path already exists over 100 years!

There are more possibilities to reach the summit, of course, but the most used ones are the normalroute and the via ferrata through the Brudertunnel, both need a save stand and at least a helmet, as the Karwendel is known for loose debris. Even on the normal way you have some steel cables to help you over some sections with about UIAA I-II difficulty.

Expect many people here, so it is good not to climb on weekend. If you should have no other possibility, then it is best to start as early as possible.

Lamsenjochhütte

Getting There

From North - Munich:
Highway Munich Salzburg --> Exit Tegernsee --> Rottach Egern --> Achensee --> Pertisau --> Gramaialm

From the south Inntal:
Inntal Highway --> Achensee --> Pertisau --> Gramaialm


You can of course also hike to the Lamsenjochhütte from other directions as the Gramaialm, but as it is the nearest parking area to the hut the other possibilities are not shown here.

Distances

Gramaialm (1263 m) - Lamsenjochhütte (1953m): 1,5h
Lamsenjochhütte (1953m) - Lamsenspitze (2508m): 1,5h

Video

Video of the via ferrata and normalway:



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.