Lashgarak the Great

Lashgarak the Great

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.33545°N / 50.98113°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Additional Information Elevation: 13963 ft / 4256 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Click for Introduction to the Central Alborz Mountains.

Click to see the Map of the Takhte Soleyman Massif.

My GPS measured an elevation of 4270 m. The 4256 m figure is per the 1:50 000 Iranian Map.

In Farsi: LASHGARAKE BOZORG
North FaceNorth Face

Northeastern FaceNE Face
Lashgarak & GardoonehLashgarak, Gardoonek Kooh & Marji Kesh

Lashgarak the Great is one of the southern peaks of the Takhte Soleyman Massif. To the south, Lashgarak the Great is connected to the 4184 m Lashgarak the Small Peak and to the northwest, it is connected to the 4402 m Gardooneh Kooh Peak (via a high point known as Hezar Cham Peak). On the slopes below the saddle between Lashgarak the Great and Hezar Cham you will find a large permanent snow field. A small lake sits at the bottom of this snow field.
South FaceSouth Face

The northern slopes of Lashgarak the Great are gentle and go down to reach a plateau named Hesar Chal which has an elevation of 3600 to 4000 m. These slopes are ideal for back country skiing. The southern slopes of Lashgarak the Great go down to reach a branch of the Shah Rood (Taleghan) River and its eastern slopes reach a branch of the Chalus River.

Southwestern FaceSouthwest Face
South FaceSouth Face

North FaceNorth Face
SummitSummit

Lashgarak the Great can be approached from the northeast starting at the village of Roodbarak or from the south starting at the village of Parachan. Round trip usually takes two days. Most people who come to the area, climb Lashgarak the Great along with its nearby peaks in a multi-day program. The Hesar Chal Plateau is an ideal place for establishing a base camp to tackle the peaks.










VIEWS FROM THE SUMMIT OF LASHGARAK THE GREAT:
Alam KoohAlam Kooh



Kalvan & MeeshchalakKalvan & Meeshchalak
Hesar Chal & Sardab RoodHesar Chal
AvidarAvidar

Gardooneh Kooh & LakeGardooneh Kooh, Hezar Cham, snowfield and lake


Zarrin Kooh & Alaneh SarZarrin Kooh & Alaneh Sar
Lashgarak the SmallLashgarak the Small

Getting There

From downtown Tehran drive 40 km west to the town of Karaj and take the Karaj-Chalus Road north (This road crosses the Alborz Mountains taking you through the Kandovan Tunnel to the Caspian Coast). 30 km south of Chalus, you will reach the town of Marzan Abad. Turn left and follow a side road into the Sardab Rood River drainage and to the town of Roodbarak. Distance from Tehran to Roodbarak is roughly 200 km.
Taleghan ValleyA branch of Taleghan Valley

Red Tape

Non-Iranian citizens will be charged a fee of roughly $50 if they approach Lashgarak the Great from the village of Roodbarak to the northeast (which is the main starting point for climbing Mt. Alam Kooh). No fees if the approach is from the Parachan Village to the south.

Camping

Anywhere. The Hesar Chal Plateau is an ideal place for setting up a base camp.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.