Takhte Rostam

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.41986°N / 50.95588°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 13927 ft / 4245 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Click for Introduction to Central Alborz Mountains.

Click to see the Map of the Takhte Soleyman Massif.
From KelardashtFrom Kelardasht Plain

Hiding among higher peaks, Takhte Rostam may not attract your attention at first glance (see pictures below). A closer look, however, will reveal that Takhte Rostam is a mighty peak in its own right.

From Rostam NishtFrom Rostam Nisht
From KalahooFrom Kalahoo

Takhte Rostam is one of the peaks that sit in the mid/northern parts of the Takhte Soleyman Massif. To the north, the 4104 m Kaljaran Pass separates Takhte Rostam from the 4431 m Kalahoo Peak. To the south, Takhte Rostam is connected to the 4426 m Rostam Nisht Peak. The eastern and western slopes of Takhte Rostam are steep scree slopes that drop more than 2000 vertical meters to the bottoms of the Sardab Rood and Sehezar River Valleys respectively.
From Kaljaran PassL to R: Takhte Rostam 4245 m, Rostam Nisht 4426 m & Takhte Soleyman 4659 m

Takhte Rostam is usually climbed by those who follow the main spine of the Takhte Soleyman Massif between the northern and the central peaks of the massif. The northern slopes of Takhte Rostam are a walk-up. Its southern slopes are dotted with cliffs and spires but are still no more difficult than class II climbing.

Views from the summit of Takhte Rostam



Haft KhanHaft Khan
Takhte SoleymanTakhte Soleyman
Sehezar ValleySehezar Valley
Sardab Rood ValleySardab Rood Valley

Getting There

On the Southern SlopesOn the southern Slopes
Southern SlopesSouthern Slope

From downtown Tehran drive 40 km west to the town of Karaj and take the Karaj-Chalus Road north (This road crosses the Alborz Mountains taking you through the Kandovan Tunnel to the Caspian Coast). 30 km south of Chalus, you will reach the town of Marzan Abad. Turn left and follow a side road into the Sardab Rood River drainage and to the town of Roodbarak. Distance from Tehran to Roodbarak is roughly 200 km.
From the southern SlopesFrom the Southern Slopes

Red Tape

Non-Iranian citizens will be charged a fee of around $50 in the town of Roodbarak (the usual starting point for the summit of Ghobi Peak).

Camping

Anywhere.

External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.