Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.66006°N / 0.44735°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 10102 ft / 3079 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Posets and Pico de los GemelosSummit with Posets
Bardamina s summitcol with La Paul

The peak Bardamina (3.079m) is located at East of Posets (3.375m) in a rocky ridge with the two Picos de La Paul (3.073m and 3.078m). The rocky ridge is a classical medium rock-climb (P.D.) but the peak has an easy normal route (F) to climb it.

Bardamina (3.079m) and Pico de La Paul (3.078m) are two of the main peaks in the official list of UIAA of three-thousand of Pyrenees but also they are nice peaks. I think they're not only for peak-baggers because the routes are different in interesting places. This peaks are a good option to climb another peak from the refuge Angel Orús, after the climb of Posets of course, or an excellent option to climb if you walk the traverse between the refuges A.Orús and Estós. The Collado de la Paul (3.060m) at west between Posets and La Paul-Bardamina it's the pass to connect both huts.

Getting There

Benasque is the main village of valley. The two most important routes has trailhead in Refuge Estós (access in the road from Benasque to Cerler, 2h of walk-up) and Refuge Angel Orús / Forcaus (access in Eriste, a few of km before Benasque, 1h 30min of walk-up).

Access by road:
-From Zaragoza to Huesca (72 km), highway. From Huesca to Benasque (138 km) for the N240 to Barbastro. Take N123 and N123a to Graus. In Graus take to left for A139 to direction Benasque/Cerler.

-From Barcelona: highway A2 to Lleida (or Lérida). From Lleida take N230. Continue by N123 in direction Torres del Obispo and more to Graus. Another shorter possibility goes across village of Benabarre.

Others access: train and bus.

-Train Barcelona-Zaragoza. Bus to Huesca and bus to Benasque (see Alosa)

-Train Zaragoza-Huesca or bus Zaragoza-Huesca (see Alosa). From Huesca to Benasque only in bus (see Alosa).

Red Tape

No permits required. The summit is in Natural park of Posets-Maladeta with rules about camping and wildlife.

Camping

Camping:
*Benasque:
-camping Aneto
-camping Senarta (free, you must pay only a little tax)
-camping Ixeia
-camping Borda d'Arnaldet

Mountain Huts:
*Angel Orús (or Forcaus): at 2.095m.(974/344044).

*Refugio de Estós: at 1.895m.

The night at mountain hut is advisable (reserves are required to spend the night).

External Links

Parque Posets-Maladeta

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.